FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-485/)
-   -   Moscow Metro station - Dinamo (Green line) to Renaissance Monarch Moscow hotel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia/1578484-moscow-metro-station-dinamo-green-line-renaissance-monarch-moscow-hotel.html)

abhilife2001 May 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Moscow Metro station - Dinamo (Green line) to Renaissance Monarch Moscow hotel

hi,

Was trying to check the travel time between Renaissance Moscow Monarch Center hotel to Metro stop Kolomenskaya ( Green line). I see that there is Dinamo metro station very near this hotel and its on the same green line.

When try to get the directions from Google map, it for some reason does not give the metro from Dinamo station but shows a bus to another station on the same line Belorusskaya station..

Is the Dinamo station closed or is there no possible way to go from this hotel to this metro station :confused:

I am looking at the possibility of booking this hotel for a stay and one of the reasons is the direct line to the client place and hence wanted to know..

Thanks, A

Palal May 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Dinamo is open. It's a 10-min walk from the station to your hotel. What Google doesn't realize is that there is an underpass under Leningradskiy Prospekt, and won't let you cross it at Dinamo.

abhilife2001 May 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 22896624)
Dinamo is open. It's a 10-min walk from the station to your hotel. What Google doesn't realize is that there is an underpass under Leningradskiy Prospekt, and won't let you cross it at Dinamo.

Ok.. so u mean there is a way to walk down this route.. only that google is not able to identify the same ?
So if someone wants to use the green line, its much faster and easier to walk from the hotel to Dinamo metro stop than to go to Belorusskaya station correct ?

Temedar May 21, 2014 12:33 am

Correct, it's a 10-minute walk at best from Dinamo and twice that from Belorusskaya.
On exiting the Dinamo station you will face a major highway; turn left, walk 100 meters, cross the highway via the underpass and walk another 50 meters in the same direction - there will be an exit from the highway and to the right you will see a high-rise building where your hotel is.

abhilife2001 May 21, 2014 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Temedar (Post 22898704)
Correct, it's a 10-minute walk at best from Dinamo and twice that from Belorusskaya.
On exiting the Dinamo station you will face a major highway; turn left, walk 100 meters, cross the highway via the underpass and walk another 50 meters in the same direction - there will be an exit from the highway and to the right you will see a high-rise building where your hotel is.

thanks for the prompt reply.. appreciate it :)

Palal May 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Check out street view

meFIRST May 25, 2014 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Temedar (Post 22898704)

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. You will pass Arena, a punk rock concert hall, a Fitness Center and the Monarch Office Tower, where Microsoft used to have offices.

Its an ok hotel, with a huge lounge on the 7th floor ( If you have access)

I would say a 20 minute walk from Dinamo.

abhilife2001 Jul 8, 2014 6:09 am

Update

Am in this hotel currently and the walk to Dinamo is quite simple and I would say around 10mins walk..

From the hotel to metro:-
Turn left from the hotel exit, go along the road to the crossing ( Leningradsky Prospect), then turn left walk straight ( 150 mts) u get a underpass .. cross the road via it.. take the underpass exit to the left and 50 mts ahead you have the metro station on the right..
Infact it can be seen before you enter the underpass on the other side.

From the metro to hotel :
Exit the metro station.. you can see the monarch office tower on the left hand side on the opposite side of the road when your back is towards the exit.. left side 45 degrees..
Come to the main road footpath, continue 50mts to the underpass, cross the same , exit on the left and then continue onwards for another 150 mts before taking a right turn on the big road.. 100 mts ahead you have the hotel on the right..

Am surprised Google maps misses this underpass..

( note : multiple ways to reach metro stop, I gave the one I took which seems to be the quickest)