Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Bangkok via Moscow

Bangkok via Moscow

Old May 14, 14, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Bangkok via Moscow

I'm looking at flights over the Christmas and New Year's holiday and found pretty cheap tickets ~$1050 from NYC Thailand via Moscow on Aeroflot. The layover is about 12-15 hours each direction (day on the way there, night on the way back). I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to explore Moscow for a day and was just planning in staying in a hotel near the airport on the way back.

Anyone have experience on flying this route and have any advice? e.g. is Aeroflot a good airline, is it easy to get from SVO to Moscow, etc.
Old May 21, 14, 9:31 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by bigkahuna3476 View Post
I'm looking at flights over the Christmas and New Year's holiday and found pretty cheap tickets ~$1050 from NYC Thailand via Moscow on Aeroflot. The layover is about 12-15 hours each direction (day on the way there, night on the way back). I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to explore Moscow for a day and was just planning in staying in a hotel near the airport on the way back.

Anyone have experience on flying this route and have any advice? e.g. is Aeroflot a good airline, is it easy to get from SVO to Moscow, etc.
Welcome to FT

I have flown SU but never this route.. its quite decent IMHO and well worth the price you will pay for this long journey..

SVO to main town there is a train option taking you to one of the central railway stations from where there are loads of connections to other places possible. This is the fastest way from SVO to city considering the traffic..
Btw.. am sure you know about the extreme weather in Dec/Jan..
Check out another thread on Russia giving transit visa upto 72 hrs for folks travelling on SU . it maybe useful for you

Search this Thread