Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Flights to TAS (Tashkent) from London - Other Than Aeroflot?

Old Mar 22, 14, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver

Looking to fly from London to Tashkent. At the moment the best deal seems to be Aeroflot for $555 (USD) one-way via SVO.

I'm a OneWorld Sapphire and would rather fly on S7 or another OneWorld airline, but those look to be at least Double the price. Is there something I am missing? Any fare guidance. Approx mid-july
Old Mar 22, 14, 11:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb
S7 routing will involve at least 2 stops (probably MOW and definitely OVB), and it will require a Russian visa unless you somehow manage to make the first connection in an airport outside Russia. S7 is the only OneWorld airline with flights to TAS
1-stop options include SU, TK, UN, KC.
Old Mar 23, 14, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Temedar View Post
S7 routing will involve at least 2 stops (probably MOW and definitely OVB), and it will require a Russian visa unless you somehow manage to make the first connection in an airport outside Russia. S7 is the only OneWorld airline with flights to TAS
1-stop options include SU, TK, UN, KC.
Thanks.
It gets weirder. Kayak and AMEX is showing this $555 fare while Aeroflot's website direct is double or triple… don't know yet if I will actually book it or not… but I have the feeling this will not be quite simple. Much appreciate the other 1-stopoptions.

If I just have 1-stop at SVO from LHR to TAS on a US or UK passport, will I need a Russian visa? Or am I free to transit without?
Old Mar 23, 14, 3:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb
You don't need a visa for a 1-stop route like LON-SVO-TAS.
SU website giving you higher prices is not a rare event, so no reasons to worry right now.
And just in case - a round-trip ticket on SU costs about $630
Old Mar 30, 14, 11:51 am

Programs: RIP
Check out carriers here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tashken...tional_Airport

Search this Thread