Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Visa to leave airport for layover in SVO - Moscow Sheremetyevo, Russia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

I have no baggage and am landing in Terminal D and have a 17 hour layover. I will be flying out of Terminal F 17 hours later.

I would like to leave D get on the train go into moscow and stay in a hotel over night and return to F in the morning and continue my flight to China. Is this possible without a visa?

TYIA!

Last edited by buzby; Jan 16, 2013 at 3:12 pm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Assuming you're traveling as a citizen of a nation that Russia requires visas of, it wouldn't be possible. You would have to get a transit visa valid for the date(s) you will be in Russia.

The good news is it isn't that difficult to obtain. 2 friends of mine did it, and they're lazy as can be!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
You need a transit Visa unless on the list of non visa countries. I.e. if you need a visitor Visa, you need a transit visa
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:28 pm

Any word on this? I'm reading that transit visas are good up to 72 hours? but i'm having a really hard time where to apply for this. is it cheaper then the tourist visa??

Last edited by goober153; Jun 15, 2013 at 6:37 pm
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
One place to get the basics is the same place the airlines do - TIMATIC. With that information you will likely know what the next steps are.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Does anyone have a recent experience in getting a transit visa in Russia?

I have a 12 hour layover in my itinerary and I would ideally like to leave the airport to see Moscow during my layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.