FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-485/)
-   -   Sheremetyevo connection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia/1255739-sheremetyevo-connection.html)

Zugzug Sep 5, 2011 5:48 am

Sheremetyevo connection

Hello everyone,

I'm heading off to Hong Kong next week from Spain, and there will be a connection at SVO airport from Terminal E to Terminal F, with a connection time of only 1 hour and a half.

This is the first time travelling out this far and its worrying me that this isnt enough time to make the transfer??

What will be the process when making this connection?

The flight will also be aeroflot all the way.

Thank you ^

woody125 Sep 5, 2011 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Zugzug (Post 17056569)
Hello everyone,

I'm heading off to Hong Kong next week from Spain, and there will be a connection at SVO airport from Terminal E to Terminal F, with a connection time of only 1 hour and a half.

This is the first time travelling out this far and its worrying me that this isnt enough time to make the transfer??

What will be the process when making this connection?

The flight will also be aeroflot all the way.

Thank you ^

I can't help you with the step by step layout but I can say 1.5 hours is plenty. Signs are all in English as well as Russian and TONS of Europeans transit SVO on a daily basis to get to SE Asia. You should not have a problem at all. In case of IRROPS, since you are on SU all the way, they'll rebook you. Be at peace. You've chosen a very workable itinerary.

Hopefully, others who transit SVO can help with what the process will look like.

dcmike Sep 5, 2011 8:52 pm

As Woody said, it should be relatively easy - D, E, and F are now all connected on the secure side. When you arrive, they'll have all the pax separated from the people waiting for departure. Your only two choices will be exiting through passport control or the transfer desk. Head to the transfer desk, show your passport and connecting boarding pass (or pick up your connecting boarding pass if they couldn't print it in Spain), head through into terminal E then follow the signs to your gate, which will bring you to terminal F.

William S Sep 10, 2011 1:51 am

SVO is probably one of my favourite airports in Europe to transit through after D, E and F were connected airside last year. But you should spend as little time in F as possible. F is just a mess. You can move freely through D, E and F as you wish without any further checks. Boarding from F is a pure mess though. It didn't seem it was any order on the boarding and many gates are located between shops etc making it very unpleasant both for boarding pax and for other pax trying to get pass. The people who designed F must have had no clue how to design airport terminals.