Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge in Sheremetyevo airport?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX*G, AF*G; BA, UA
Which lounge in Sheremetyevo airport?

We're traveling through Sheremetyevo with a 5 hour middle of the night layover. Too short to hop out of the airport to get a hotel room, too long to not find a good place to sleep.

I read that most lounges at the Sheremetyevo airport are open 24 hours a day. So my question is, which lounge is the better one to go for a good nap, and why not a shower if they have one? I'm both priority pass and Skyteam gold, so can go to either type lounge.

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Since the OMNI's are, in general, forums for topics other than travel, miles or points, we'll move this thread to our Regional Travel Forum.

zinneken, a belated welcome to FT and good luck on your upcoming flight!

Cholula
OMNI Co-Moderator
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Which SVO terminals will you be in?

If you're in D, you'll have access to Jazz and Blues if you're traveling internationally, Klassika if traveling within Russia. I've not been to Klassika, but there isn't very much difference between Jazz and Blues (just on different sides of the terminal). Both are nice:

http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/flight/lounges_pr

If you're in F, I haven't been in all the lounges, but the ones I've been in haven't been anything to write home about.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:24 am
Original Poster

We're arriving terminal F and departing terminal D. Thanks for the link to the aeroflot terminal D lounges! They look good on paper, unlike the other lounges in F and E.

But I'm a bit confused, to transfer from the F to D terminal, do we need to clear customs?

I found the link:
http://svo.aero/en/between-terminals/south/
but it doesn't say clearly if one needs to clear customs or not to do the transfer between F and D (they mention a "clean zone" for the future, what does it mean).

I also found Wikipedia says "and since 2 November 2010 a walkway opened between terminals D, E, and F on the security side simplifying transfer between transit flights", linking this statement to the link:
http://svo.aero/en/news/2010/1694/

But again, no specific mentioning if customs need to be cleared to move from one terminal to the other. I suspect it is not necessary, but glad if anyone can confirm from first hand experience?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by zinneken
But again, no specific mentioning if customs need to be cleared to move from one terminal to the other
You need to go through customs only for domestic to international transfers in any direction. In practice it means you will need to get your baggage in SVO and immediately drop it off.

So for an international to international transfer you need no visa nor customs clearance. Why would you need to fly Aeroflot in the first place is another question
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
... Why would you need to fly Aeroflot in the first place is another question
Bit off topic, but very good question. Never flown with them, it is a question of cost cutting, they are cheaper on this specific flight, but I fear ... Haven't really read anything great about aeroflot.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by dcmike
Which SVO terminals will you be in?

If you're in D, you'll have access to Jazz and Blues if you're traveling internationally, Klassika if traveling within Russia. I've not been to Klassika, but there isn't very much difference between Jazz and Blues (just on different sides of the terminal). Both are nice:

http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/flight/lounges_pr
What are the requirements/fees for these lounges?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Last time I had separate ticket to SVO F and from SVO D and had some problems, as being SkyTeam platinum, it does not allow you to enter the Klassika lounge with just domestic flights. I simply showed them my previous boarding to Moscow and they let me in.
This lounge is not too much of excitement, however the %%% is fine and internet is blasting!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: AA - PLT, QR - Gold
Lounge Terminal D

Hello, I have a question:

I will arrive in Terminal D (from Germany - international) and will have a connection flight after 16 hours!!! from Terminal F.

As I heard that the lounges in terminal D are better than in Terminal F, I would like to stay most of the time in one of the international lounges of Terminal D (blues or jazz) and tranfer to Terminal F just two hours before the flight (I am Sky Elite).

Is that possible?

Maybe someone can answer the question!

Thank you very much in advance!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:35 am
Original Poster

From my experience in February this year, it absolutely does. There are no more "barriers" between the different terminals once you are "air side". Your access to an individual lounge may of course be restricted depending on your membership status and program.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: AA - PLT, QR - Gold
Well, I am a Gold medallion at Delta SkyMiles programm and according to the list of lounges in the Skymiles programm I should have access to all their lounges at Sheremetyevo airport - I hope this information is right, because I do not want to stay with the crowd for 16 hours!!!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ncvet61

What are the requirements/fees for these lounges?
I would also like to know this. Any ideas?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:09 am

I am having a flight from BRUSSELS to Beijing with a 5h layover in Sheremetyevo airport. Arriviing terminal F departing terminal F. Can anyone tell me if is it possible to buy yourself into a lounge and how much it would cost? Otherwise I would maybe consier buying the prioritypass. Its for me and my gf.
I heard the lounges in 'F' are not so good, is it possible to go to another terminal and another lounge?
Should we check our luggage all the way to Beijing or not?

THANKS
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyer4545
I am having a flight from BRUSSELS to Beijing with a 5h layover in Sheremetyevo airport. Arriviing terminal F departing terminal F. Can anyone tell me if is it possible to buy yourself into a lounge and how much it would cost? Otherwise I would maybe consier buying the prioritypass. Its for me and my gf.
I heard the lounges in 'F' are not so good, is it possible to go to another terminal and another lounge?
Should we check our luggage all the way to Beijing or not?
Terminal F is the bad terminal at SVO. No idea about the cost of lounge access as I'm gold. Lounges in F are average at best, I wouldn't pay for their access even if I had to spend the night.

If you have a 5 hr layover, consider moving to Terminal E or D (free walk, no customs or anything). I think a maximum 10 minute walk if you don't stop at the shops along the way. Lounges in D are new and good.

Make sure your luggage is checked all the way to Beijing, or have a tourist visa to retrieve and re-check-in (useless cost and loss of time IMHO).
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:27 pm

I ordered the prioritypass.. but I dont think it covers lounge access to D terminal, or does it? Because the names on the prioritypass are different from the lounges on the website...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.