Reload this Page >

SVo2 - SVO 1 Transfer

SVo2 - SVO 1 Transfer

Old May 12, 2010, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles
SVo2 - SVO 1 Transfer

Everyone,

I'm a long time member and mostly lurker here. I've posted a few times and I have a question for the RU experts here.

I've been through SVO a few time before but I never had to make the SVO-2 to 1 transfer.

I'll be flying transatlantic into SVO-F and will need to transfer to SVO-B <Terminal 1>. I keep getting different info on where the Aeroflot transfer desk is actually located and how best to make the transfer and where the desk is located?

On the return I'll be making the transfer from Terminal B--> Terminal D. Does anyone have any good recent info on about how long it'll take to make the transfer? I have about 2hrs 50min between flights inbound and much more on the return.

My next question is as follows. My e-ticket says I'm allowed 2 pcs of checked luggage for my entire itinerary. Having made connections before I've found that the code share operators in Russia like to charge you extra if the baggage rules are different for their portion of the flight. Can someone post a link to the aeroflot rules on this in english, or provide a link?

Thanks in advance.
BOS2SVO
Old May 13, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Clarifying question...are you sure Terminal 1/SVO B? I'm 99% sure that is closed right now. I've sure rejoiced at it being closed anyway. What company are you flying of SVO and where are you flying to from SVO? Just wanting to make sure we're all talking the same 1's and 2's and B's, C's, D's, E's, and F's.

Click here and scroll to the bottom to check out the map of what's what now (it is confusing I know) and then see if that helps. Once we know what terminals you are navigating between we'll help you get what you need.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
If your heading to an Aeroflot internal Russian flight, it is going to be Terminal D. And you'll have plenty of time to get from F to D.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by woody125
Clarifying question...are you sure Terminal 1/SVO B? I'm 99% sure that is closed right now. I've sure rejoiced at it being closed anyway. What company are you flying of SVO and where are you flying to from SVO? Just wanting to make sure we're all talking the same 1's and 2's and B's, C's, D's, E's, and F's.

Click here and scroll to the bottom to check out the map of what's what now (it is confusing I know) and then see if that helps. Once we know what terminals you are navigating between we'll help you get what you need.
"Woody125,"

I'll be flying Aeroflot Transatlantic in to SVO and connecting to a flight bought by Belavia. I bought my tickets from Aeroflot and my e-ticket shows the following:
Inbound:

Arriving Terminal
TERMINAL F

AEROFLOT
SU

Operated by BELAVIA

Departing: TERMINAL B
Outbound:

AEROFLOT
SU
Operated by BELAVIA

Arriving At TERMINAL B

AEROFLOT
SU

Departing At TERMINAL D
The reason I asked about the baggage allowance is because my ticket states I get 2 checked bags at 23kg's for my entire itinerary. A call to Aeroflot get's me typical Russian customer service and a response of;
You purchased your entire trip with Aeroflot. Your e-ticket says you are allowed 2 pieces (23kg's and a carry on 10kg's) for your whole trip. No one will charge you extra. It is Aeroflot rules.
First hand experience tells me that because the 2nd flight is operated by a carrier other than Aeroflot (in this case Belavia). Also, compounded by the fact I'll be flying out on a CRJ as well as being a 'foreigner' I suspect they are going to try to tell me that my bags are A.) overweight, and B.) that I'll need to check my carry on and pay an additional penalty.

This is why I was curious if anyone had a link or could post the proper 'baggage rules' which state I can indeed take the allotted luggage in English and Russian on these flights. Otherwise with the multiple queue and pay set up I fear I'll miss my flight in addition to the connection. Not to mention getting charged the extra unnecessarily.

When I requested that Aeroflot send this info again I got the typical Russian response of
it's not possible. It is in our computer and part of your ticket. everyone who sees your ticket will see this and know this. It is Aeroflot rules.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Check www.virtuallythere.com for the most updated Terminal/flight itn. information
Old May 15, 2010, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Check www.virtuallythere.com for the most updated Terminal/flight itn. information
Thanks, that's where the above info came from.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:41 am

SVO 1/B is not completely shut. If you go to the airport's timetable:

http://svo.aero/en/tt/

And select B you can see there are still flights heading in and out (although not many) including the Belavia flight to Minsk.
Old May 17, 2010, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcmike
SVO 1/B is not completely shut. If you go to the airport's timetable:

http://svo.aero/en/tt/

And select B you can see there are still flights heading in and out (although not many) including the Belavia flight to Minsk.
Any suggestions on the most efficient and time effective way to get there from terminal F?
Old May 19, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Originally Posted by BOS2SVO
Any suggestions on the most efficient and time effective way to get there from terminal F?
If we're talking about getting to the old SVO-1, I would assume the only way to get there is going to be by taxi. The last time I did the shuffle it was 1000 rubles, but that may have changed with few flights departing from there. I almost want to see SVO-1 now, virtually deserted. It has to be sort of surreal.
Old May 19, 2010, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

It appear Aeroflot for the last few weeks has been running 50 minutes to a few hours late on my first flight. That means there's a fair potential it'll FUBAR my connection.

About the only upside is they have a second flight out at 2200. That'll leave me plenty of time to meander over to SVO1 as undesirable as the delay will be...

I've been thinking of buzzing through customs and skipping the transfer desk all together and grabbing a cab. 30 bucks isn't bad for the 10 minute drive if for nothing more than to ease the headache of the transfer desk.
Old May 20, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
My understanding is bus 817 runs regularly between these terminals, and is a 15 Min run depending on traffic.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:45 pm

There is also a free shuttle - info about Bus 817 and the shuttle here:

http://www.svo.aero/en/between-terminals/
Old May 21, 2010, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info folks! I was sweating my connection as I have 2hrs and 50 mins IF Aeroflot doesn't screw the pooch and are running on time. The last 3 weeks or so they haven't so I'm not optimistic. But if it's a 15min drive over from F to B I guess that's not so bad and it seems reasonable.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:34 pm

About the only upside is they have a second flight out at 2200. That'll leave me plenty of time to meander over to SVO1 as undesirable as the delay will be...
Oh, you don't want to have that experience. SVO1 (now B) is relegated to a new ultrabudget airline avianova and other "undesirables", the likes of Belavia and Rossiya. I have actually just bought a ticket to fly avianova for a cool 250 rubles plus tax. Checking a piece of luggage actually costs more - 300 rubles.

You should be fine. Just use a free shuttle for which dcmike posted a schedule link. And if your incoming flight REALLY arrives late, just bite a bullet and pay $30 to a taxi racket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.