Rossiya - Russian Airlines

Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Frankly, I'm devastated that Rossiya is taking over all the Aeroflot Far East flights (except VVO which is still run by both) although glad that they're transferring to SVO! (and glad I'm avoiding Rossiya at the end of this month going to Sakhalin!)

Originally Posted by Egor
Though I would say Rossiya in economy is a bit worse - seat pitch is much more tight

I totally agree with the pitch size. The difference on VKO-VVO compared to VVO-SVO was unreal!

Originally Posted by Concerto
I liked Russia so much I want to go back!

By the way, I very much enjoyed my first Aeroflot flights today!
Come back!

Originally Posted by Concerto
Bumping ancient threads is discouraged here for good reason. But theres precious little information floating around about Rossiya Airlines (FV). For example, didnt the FV code belong to Pullkovo Aviation at one point.

On my current visit to Russia, I have noticed that Rossiya operate a number of flights from various Russian airports (Samara, Kazan, Ekaterinburg, Ufa, St. Petersburg) to Pardubice (PED) airport in the Czech Republic. At 100km from Prague, this is like a backdoor airport for that city, and sure enough, Ryanair operate a service from PED to London STN.
They have a reasonable network these days particularly for the Far East now.
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi

PS: Good to see another LED based Flyertalker
+1 (albeit MOW!)
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Why is Rossiya replacing Aeroflot on the domestic long-haul routes?! It seems a great reduction of the service!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Does Rossiya offers complimentary meals on its long-haul flights? I thought that meals are standard service on long haul flights of full-service airlines, but now even some traditional airlines such as UA does not offer meals on a 9+ hours flight!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:22 am

at least on UA I believe meals (or at least snacks) are always offered (even on short flights) but you should pay.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by miklcct
Does Rossiya offers complimentary meals on its long-haul flights? I thought that meals are standard service on long haul flights of full-service airlines, but now even some traditional airlines such as UA does not offer meals on a 9+ hours flight!
The only UA 9+ hour flight i can think of not necessarily having a free meal in Y would be EWR HNL. As that would still class as a domestic flight. But food would be available for purchase.

Canada and Mexico also class as domestic, but beyond those borders UA international flights do come with a meal..
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think Hawaii flights not having a minimum service level is unacceptable. Yet they get away with it, because US airlines have been allow to coagulate into monopolies. I am so glad I don't live there, for many reasons at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.