Wiki Posts
Search

SU Award Chart (EN) - CONFUSING!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
SU Award Chart (EN) - CONFUSING!

Ok, while I speak Russian quite well, I seem to read it rather not so well. I've spent ample time on the Russian and English version of SU's Bonus site and I think I am reading it correctly. Even so their (English speaking) operator in NYC tells me this is not possible.

I have a r/t ticket from OVB to FRA in Q class later this summer. I want to use my remaining Bonus Miles (no longer needed thanks to SU being in ST) to upgrade to Business Class. There seems to be here a way to do that but I can't figure it out. I called their office in NYC and the nice lady said it can't be done. All I want to do is upgrade all 4 legs from Economy Class to Business Class. Doable?

Can anyone (Russian readers or not) help me out with this?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:52 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You cannot upgrade an already-issued ticket:
Upgrade Awards

1. Award Upgrade can be obtained directly from Aeroflot ticket offices in Moscow or at any local Aeroflot Representative office. Award Upgrade for Aeroflot Bonus Junior Members can be obtained only by parents/trustees.

2. Award Upgrades are only available on Aeroflot-Russian Airlines scheduled flights.

3. Upgrades are only applicable for one class of service. Upgrades are not permitted on one-way segments.

4. Upgrades may not be used for Open date tickets.

5. Award Upgrades are valid on confirmed tickets purchased on published fares booked in Y, I, S, B, M, H, K, V, T, Q (Economy) classes.

6. Award Upgrades issue on code-share flights (i.e. those flights, in conjunction with other carriers) is a subject of commercial agreements between the two carriers, and certain restrictions may apply

7. Award Upgrade tickets in Business class are booked in O booking class.

8. If the booking class is not available passenger may be placed on the waiting list.

9. To obtain an Updrade Award ticket Aeroflot Bonus Member must:

* Contact the nearest Aeroflot ticket office in Moscow or Aeroflot Representative Office with Membership card and passport at least 7 days prior to estimate departure date.
* Attention! Award Upgrade is permitted at the time of booking and payment for previous economy fare (eligible for Award Upgrade) only. Award Upgrade is prohibited upon already issued economy class tickets.
* Award Upgrade ticket can be issued within 3 working days from reservation request after seat confirmation and deducting the Miles.
* It is necessary for Member to call Aeroflot Call Center by phone 7(495) 223 55 55 to get confirmation if Award Upgrade reservation is authorized by Aeroflot Bonus Center and Award Ticket can be issued.
* After an award reservation is confirmed and the Miles are deducted the Member should apply for Award Upgrade ticket issue to Aeroflot ticket offices in Moscow or to local Aeroflot Representative Office with reservation number and passport. Parents/trustees of Aeroflot Bonus Junior Members must present the Aeroflot Bonus Junior Card and valid form of photo identification at the time of ticketing.

10. Aeroflot Bonus Member cannot transfer the right of use of the Award Upgrade to any other person.

11. Award Upgrades may not be used to earn Miles in the Aeroflot Bonus Programme. Miles will be applied according to the paid economy class fare.

12. An Upgrade Award cannot be combined with any other Award, Award Ticket or special rate ticket booked in O, W, L, N, U, G, X, E classes.

13. Validity of the ticket issued with Award Upgrade is defined according to the applied paid fare the Upgrade was made from.

14. Award Upgrade ticket can be refunded according to the applied paid fare rules. In this case ticket cost will be refunded in Aeroflot ticket office and then Miles value will be re-credited to the Member’s account.

15. It is possible to change date of a flight on the paid fare conditions.

16. Ticket issued with Upgrade is not a subject to an exchange for other Award or miles, cannot be transferred to other person.
http://eng.aeroflotbonus.ru/about.aspx?ob_no=244#5
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Russia being Russia

KVS, indeed those are the rules. As anyone who works in Russia knows things are never as they seem. I've been in communication via email this morning with an SU customer service Agent in Germany. His most recent response to my question about being able to upgrade my flights fly in the face of the posted rules. He says:

"You can purchase the ticket and upgrade afterwards – it takes 7 days to process your request. You don’t have to both at the same time. The ticket has already been issued. Let us know if we should do this for you as we have to request the business class seats.

Best regards,
XXXXX XXXXXXX

I have started the process and we'll see how it turns out. Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Well, the nice man in Germany says my upgrade is confirmed and he'll email me within 7 days with the ticket. Apparently this is a done deal (though in all things Russian related nothing is a done deal until well after it is done...and sometimes not even then).

Hope this helps others trying to use/burn Bonus Miles or just figure out the SU Award System.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by woody125
Well, the nice man in Germany says my upgrade is confirmed and he'll email me within 7 days with the ticket. Apparently this is a done deal (though in all things Russian related nothing is a done deal until well after it is done...and sometimes not even then).

Hope this helps others trying to use/burn Bonus Miles or just figure out the SU Award System.
thanks for the tip...although using miles with Aeroflot has been a trying experience from Bishkek. Maybe I just need to call the German call center!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:20 am

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GuyverII
thanks for the tip...although using miles with Aeroflot has been a trying experience from Bishkek. Maybe I just need to call the German call center!
We've had some clients who are also having problems with reward redemption through Aeroflot in both New York and in Moscow. A supervisor told me that they are changing systems and it should be better in a week or two--not sure how valid that is, but I suspect that Bonus will start using a more restrictive yield management system (usually we've been able to get any flight more than 3 days in advance when there is ticket availability in the past).

I've also got a client going to Bishkek on Tuesday--hope to go myself by the end of the year.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:51 am
Original Poster

More than the week he said to wait before I see the miles deducted from my account has passed and so far nothing has happened to my Bonus balance and I have not received the promised email from him with the new itinerary. Hmmm. Me thinks a follow up email is going to be necessary...at a minimum...to get this done.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by MaecDavidMiller

I've also got a client going to Bishkek on Tuesday--hope to go myself by the end of the year.
Send me a pm if you come, my wife and I love to entertain and show people around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.