Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot prolongs elite statuses till February 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold

All elite Aeroflot Bonus statuses valid throughout 2022 will be automatically valid until February 2024.
Prolongation is due to take place at some point in January.
No idea whether Aeroflot will bother sending new cards fo foreign members.

It's third prolongation in a row. Basically, if someone has earned any elite status at any point in 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022 - all these will be valid till early 2024.
hessbo and hugolover like this.

Last edited by Eurocity; Dec 30, 2022 at 5:56 pm
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:50 pm
formerly rt23456p

China Southern remains to be the only airline still cooperating with Aeroflot while maintaining a connection with a US carrier(American), might be worth asking for a status match.
hessbo likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
The app has been removed from the app store - and since SU i not longer a member of sky team nor do they to any international destination (excluding dubai) , this is kind of useless for foreign members.
I hope the war ends soon, and of course, Aeroflot returns to the service it used to offer, circa 2012, I would say that is the peak glory days.

I should check if my miles are still good. Naturally zero activity
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
I hope I can still find a way to use my 40k+ miles, hopefully by flying China Southern.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:25 am

My miles have been extended to 2024-04-04, from previously 2024-01-01.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:29 am

Anyone receiving emails reminding to take flights before the end of this year? I have got a few such emails but the expiry date of my miles in my account is 4 April next year. Can my miles still be renewed by taking flights next February?
hessbo likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Who would dare to fly aeroflot nowadays
Croupier likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:41 am

I will fly China Southern Airlines to extend the expiry of miles as I am just about a thousand short of a one-way redemption between London and Guangzhou. After clearing the miles using China Southern I will abandon the account for good.

Meanwhile, China Southern Airlines is one of the few airlines who still fly direct through Russian airspace between Europe and Asia since Western airlines no longer do that due to sanctions.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:59 pm

My miles (last flight in 2021) are due to expire in April, and not February and I am planning to go to Russia in the summer. However you can't pay with any western method of payment in their site and even a flight booked with miles will require you to pay some fees. Some Aeroflot domestic routes are subsided, not subject to such drastic dynamic pricing and you get more or less the same price by booking the day before in person which is what I would want to do.

Do you believe they will delay the expiration again, as they have been repeatedly doing this since the pandemic?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Ub96
My miles (last flight in 2021) are due to expire in April, and not February and I am planning to go to Russia in the summer. However you can't pay with any western method of payment in their site and even a flight booked with miles will require you to pay some fees. Some Aeroflot domestic routes are subsided, not subject to such drastic dynamic pricing and you get more or less the same price by booking the day before in person which is what I would want to do.

Do you believe they will delay the expiration again, as they have been repeatedly doing this since the pandemic?
I believe that you can still pay the fees with a UnionPay credit card. I am keeping at one UnionPay card active to avoid possible western sanctions.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:42 am

I took two flight segments on CZ class L, HKG - PKX and PKX - LHR, on 2024-02-12. Only the HKG - PKX segment was automatically credited, and the expiry date remained at 2024-04-04. I have entered a manual request for the other segment PKX - LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.