Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot SkyTeam status and miles earning...

Old Apr 5, 22, 10:55 am
Original Poster

I'm aware that Delta has exited its codeshare agreement with Aeroflot, but would an Aeroflot elite still be allowed to earn miles and exercise their elite status/benefits from Aeroflot on Delta metal (flying to/from Australia from the US)?
Old Apr 7, 22, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ohiosux View Post
I'm aware that Delta has exited its codeshare agreement with Aeroflot, but would an Aeroflot elite still be allowed to earn miles and exercise their elite status/benefits from Aeroflot on Delta metal (flying to/from Australia from the US)?
I would assume as long as Aeroflot is still a partner of ST you should be good to go. Problem is were they thrown out of ST? I think that DL for now only KOed any code sharing with them
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue
And Flying Blue/AFKL states: Air France and KLM have temporarily suspended cooperation with Aeroflot, including the suspension of codeshare agreements and frequent flyer partnership. https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/earn-sp...t/presentation

Don't know what they consider 'frequent flyer partnerships' and if that includes lounge acces/Sky Priority and such.
Old Apr 16, 22, 6:32 am

Programs: Aeroflot Gold - TAP Gold - AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by kprrr View Post
And Flying Blue/AFKL states: Air France and KLM have temporarily suspended cooperation with Aeroflot, including the suspension of codeshare agreements and frequent flyer partnership. https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/earn-sp...t/presentation

Don't know what they consider 'frequent flyer partnerships' and if that includes lounge acces/Sky Priority and such.
I'm gold with Aeroflot, Elite plus with Skyteam and before I was able to see Air France KLM redemption but nit anymore, they probably cut the ties as the inform on Flying Blue AF website,. I have a lot of miles and it still works with other airlines like Garuda, Vietnam Airlines, China Airlines etc. But I can't pay the taxes as Visa and Mastercard can't be used anymore. Its a headache.
hessbo likes this.
Old May 6, 22, 1:19 pm

I had flights on SU back in December, January, and February and my Skymiles account was on all of the tickets. I never received mileage so after a few weeks I submitted the earning request and uploaded everything to my skymiles. I am still waiting on the mileage, but now that SkyTeam has suspended SU, do you think I'll still receive it? Normally I wouldn't care too much but in this case we are talking about many longhaul segments and quite a bit of miles into my account... FWIW, I submitted my request prior to SU being suspended from SkyTeam, so I'm hoping they give me the miles.
Old May 8, 22, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by pstm91 View Post
I had flights on SU back in December, January, and February and my Skymiles account was on all of the tickets. I never received mileage so after a few weeks I submitted the earning request and uploaded everything to my skymiles. I am still waiting on the mileage, but now that SkyTeam has suspended SU, do you think I'll still receive it? Normally I wouldn't care too much but in this case we are talking about many longhaul segments and quite a bit of miles into my account... FWIW, I submitted my request prior to SU being suspended from SkyTeam, so I'm hoping they give me the miles.
YMMV, but I flights on SU last year throughout Central Asia and I wanted the miles applied to my Skymiles account, and it took me FOREVER to get them applied. I had to Tweet at them, and then follow up with an insane amount back and forth. They only applied roughly half the miles and I just gave up. You might have an easier time of it, but gird yourself for a headache.
Old May 10, 22, 5:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Platinum / Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kprrr View Post

Yes but not only , for instance you cant earn miles or xp with su , cant redeem your miles , etc .... and vice versa

Search this Thread