Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot banned from flying to the UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot banned from flying to the UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two
As of today SU still fly to BEG , but i dont think it will last long . So most likely through DXB or IST , or its possible to try through neighbour countries (except Belarus cause its domestic)

But due to covid + restrictions , most european foreigners won't be allowed to enter russia
SU is not flying to BEG any more but YU is flying from Belgrade to Moscow. They even increased the frequency and to twice a day and placed the A330 on the route. And it looks like EU can't stop these flights.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2022/03...a-flights.html
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Putnik
SU is not flying to BEG any more but YU is flying from Belgrade to Moscow. They even increased the frequency and to twice a day and placed the A330 on the route. And it looks like EU can't stop these flights.
Serbia is not under any sanction, JU can freely use EU airspace, why should the EU even want/try to stop the BEG-MOW flights? The sanctions are meant to hit Russian entities.
superboi likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Serbia is not under any sanction, JU can freely use EU airspace, why should the EU even want/try to stop the BEG-MOW flights? The sanctions are meant to hit Russian entities.
Some EU leaders mentioned that Serbia, as an EU candidate, should align it's foreign policy with the rest of the EU.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:15 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Putnik
Some EU leaders mentioned that Serbia, as an EU candidate, should align it's foreign policy with the rest of the EU.
Being a REAL EU candidate they should indeed !

We can not ask this from the ME countries / carriers, but any European / US / UK person using these ME carriers should think twice where she/he takes her/his business. Patronizing those carriers was always questionable for human rights and political reasons and is even more now.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Well, Aeroflot is going nowhere now, it seems, save Minsk: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/05/w...suspended.html

To watch Putin sink his country's economy so rapidly is breathtaking.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL

Moscow - Havana today... Not the easiest routing.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:37 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Moscow - Havana today... Not the easiest routing.
To join their "neo communist friends" - as long the spare parts last . The A350 is really a good plane. Russian civil aviation will be grounded in a couple of weeks if the sanctions work.
notquiteaff and milski like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by behuman
To join their "neo communist friends" - as long the spare parts last .
Presumably flying some stranded Russian citizens home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.