Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot - Covid-19 policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Aeroflot - Covid-19 policy

I would like to open a discussion about the policy that applies to changes and refunds, particularly non-trivial cases which are not explicitly covered by the policy.
The policy itself does not seem to exist for now, there have been several posts on the aeroflot.com which have all been deleted by now except the one from 12 March which has limited details (available here).
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:38 am
Original Poster

My questions:

1) The policy (deleted by SU for now) only allows one change as an involuntary change (INVOL). Further changes are 'as per the fare rules'. Does it mean that if new travel is booked beyond the original ticket validity (as INVOL) can not be changed anymore?
2) What if a ticket with open segments (after a no-show) cannot be used before its expiry date since flights are not operating (ie none of the flights was actually canceled)?
3) What if a flight cancellations window is within the validity dates of a partially used ticket however, the open segments are confirmed since they are after the lockdown period (as seed for now). But I am not able to change dates to the 'lockdown period' dates even if I want to since flights are not operating.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:56 am
Original Poster

I can update the informaiton myself based on today call wtih Aeroflot:

1) If you do not want a voucher (useful to keep promo fares for example) then you are eligible for changes on involuntary basis.
2) All changes must be made before 31-DEC-2020
3) All tickets validity is extended until 30-APR-2021 at least. For fully unused tickets you can move 1st coupon to up to 30-APR-2021, the ticket validity is the later of 30-APR-2021 and ticket validity from new 1st segment date under original (or reissued) fare. Ie a ticket with 6 month validity will be valid until end of October 2021 if you move a 1st segment to 30-APR-2021.

The full policy (MOWZDSU 031053/MAY20) can be found on Aeroflot website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.