FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   Aeroflot Bonus - corona virus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/2013305-aeroflot-bonus-corona-virus.html)

hessbo Mar 17, 2020 4:45 am

Aeroflot Bonus - corona virus

Aeroflot are extending elite status for a year apparently (thank you!!!).

Now I just wish they will also extend the validity period of upgrade vouchers.

Здравствуйте, Xxxxxxx!

В сложившейся ситуации планировать поездки становится все сложнее. Мы понимаем это и высоко ценим Вас как клиента, поэтому решили подарить уверенность в нашей лояльности: Ваш Золотой уровень продлен до 28 февраля 2022 года.

Спасибо за то, что Вы с нами!

fifty_two Mar 18, 2020 4:02 am

Originally Posted by hessbo (Post 32196700)
Ваш Золотой уровень продлен до 28 февраля 2022 года.

Спасибо за информацию . Don't forget that not all SU Bonus members can speak russian

hessbo Mar 18, 2020 8:25 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two (Post 32201035)
Спасибо за информацию . Don't forget that not all SU Bonus members can speak russian

😊I'm one of those who don't speak Russian. Just thought that someone may be interested in seeing the original notification sent from Aeroflot (my language setting is English but it came in Russian anyway).

Keter Mar 21, 2020 1:09 am

To me this is a very strange move given the qualification period is calendar year with Aeroflot Bonus. Veery few people were actually affected by Covid-19 before 31 December 2019. The marketing value of this gesture is also doubtful while the cost may actually be existent (if people who would otherwise try to fly more by the end of 2020 do not need to fly more now since they got their status anyways).
Additionally SU refused to extend upgrade vouchers - and this is something that would be much more useful to me in the current situation.

OpenSky Mar 27, 2020 10:03 am

A lot of carriers did the same. Singapore and Cathay for example. I am thankful that SU extended my status, builds goodwill in my opinion.

I look forward to returning when all of this is over. My Russian visa expired - no chance of getting that renewed in this climate. So I can't even go anywhere SU flies, much less stopover.

There was talk about extending the E-visa schchemes in the Far East and LED to the whole of Russia in 2021, I hope that will still happen.

hessbo May 12, 2020 7:09 am

Originally Posted by hessbo (Post 32196700)
Now I just wish they will also extend the validity period of upgrade vouchers.

good news: Aeroflot extend upgrade vouchers until the end of the year!

hessbo Jun 2, 2021 7:52 am

And good need again: no flying done but just got status extended to 2023.
now just wish that miles validity will also be extended.

OpenSky Jun 2, 2021 2:13 pm

Dear Aeroflot :

I have my credit card ready to purchase business class tickets back to Moscow as soon as you open your borders to foreigners. Fully vaccinated.
Please tell the people in the Kremlin to open the borders.

Sincerely,
Opensky

p.s Thank you for the elite status extension,

fifty_two Jun 6, 2021 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky (Post 33298238)
to Moscow as soon as you open your borders to foreigners. Fully vaccinated.

They are open but for a handful of countries of departure and nationalities , check if yours are included

OpenSky Jun 10, 2021 2:41 pm

ATTENTION!!! In accordance with clause 5 of the order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated March 16, 2020 No. 635-r, the processing and issuance of visas of all categories to foreign citizens has been temporarily suspended in order to ensure state security, protect public health and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

So much for that.

ParisMoskau Jun 13, 2021 7:57 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky (Post 33298238)
Dear Aeroflot :

I have my credit card ready to purchase business class tickets back to Moscow as soon as you open your borders to foreigners. Fully vaccinated.

Sincerely,
Opensky

Assuming you are residing in Switzerland, traveling to Russia is easily possible - the only additional requirement is to do a PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival (with a negative result, obviously). The visa process is otherwise the same as in the past (note that the e-visa system has been suspended). Also, you'll have to arrive on a direct flight from Switzerland (from ZRH, only LX is operating currently).

For details, see https://russia-visacentre.com/en/vis...-and-geneva-ch

Concerto Jun 14, 2021 5:18 pm

I am residing in Switzerland, but my British passport always makes applying for a visa a bit of an ordeal. I somehow, from what I have heard and read about the situation in Russia, find it hard to believe that I can just travel to Russia. Apparently Moscow and St Petersburg are on total lockdown.

fifty_two Jun 15, 2021 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 33328803)
Apparently Moscow and St Petersburg are on total lockdown.

Yes they are , due to rising covid cases in both cities

Concerto Jun 15, 2021 3:10 am

And the text in the link above was dated early August 2020. I got my friend to check the Russian language version. It is still not possible to visit Russia for other than essential purposes.

fifty_two Jun 16, 2021 7:01 am

any idea about international transit at SVO or DME ? is it allowed as usual ?