Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot SVO connection - terminal doesn't exist?

Old Feb 9, 20, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver.

Hi, Aeroflot newbie here. Just booked OSL-SVO-VVO for travel in a couple of months. Thanks to this forum's reports of what sounds like chaos and crowds, I took the 3h55 connection option rather than the 1h45 option.

My email from Aeroflot says I'll arrive into terminal C and depart from terminal B, but this page says nothing about terminal C.
https://www.aeroflot.ru/xx-en/inform...irport/transit

This page says C is "a single space with Terminal B":
https://www.svo.aero/en/press_center...etyevo-airport

Has the Aeroflot webpage just not caught up?

Does single space mean no transfer bus is needed and I can walk the whole way?

It's a single ticket, so will I be able to check my bag through to VVO?

If anyone has experience of making this transfer, I'd be incredibly grateful for any details, because I like having the sort of details that are on the Aeroflot webpage (saying whether I go to a transfer desk or the arrivals hall, how long the walk will take, that sort of thing) in a new airport.

I don't read (or speak) Russian, so if there are likely to be important signs that aren't in English, I'd really like to know what they are so I can print out this thread and either pattern match the Cyrillic letters, or show it to someone who does read Russian and gesture helplessly in a "please help me, I'm a stupid tourist" sort of way.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
SVO is perfectly fine to navigate without reading Russian. Everything is signposted in English.

Customs clearance happens in VVO wmwhen connecting from OSL. Unless you need to declare goods. Meaning your luggage will be checked through.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 9, 20 at 2:40 pm
Old Feb 9, 20, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! No goods to declare.
Old Feb 9, 20, 3:42 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Terminal C is brand new and Aeroflot just begin transitioning a few select flights to that terminal 2 weeks ago. It looks amazing in all the photos I've seen (see below).

Yes, Terminal B and Terminal C are connected, so getting between the two should be quite easy in all aspects.

Signs will be in English, distance is short, it may not be as crowded (relative to Terminals D, E and F).

Cupart likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Great! Thanks for the photographs.
Old Feb 15, 20, 11:46 am

Beware of Malevich Lounge in Terminal C

Newly opened Malevich Lounge in Terminal C is huge and yet you might be the only guest there due to the very limited number of outgoing flights. Currently, food and drinks offered are more than limited. Beside, this lounge offers more drinks for extra payment. For a good selection of food and drinks I currently suggest using Gallery Lounge or St Petersburg Lounge in Terminal D.
Old Feb 15, 20, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Newly opened Malevich Lounge in Terminal C is huge and yet you might be the only guest there due to the very limited number of outgoing flights. Currently, food and drinks offered are more than limited. Beside, this lounge offers more drinks for extra payment. For a good selection of food and drinks I currently suggest using Gallery Lounge or St Petersburg Lounge in Terminal D.
C and D are not connected so if your flight is from C D is somewhat of a drag to get to. I doubt they would even allow you into D with a boarding pass for B/C

Search this Thread
Search Engine: