Wiki Posts
Search

SVO connection time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dgrb
I have a flight that arrives in Terminal C from the States and a flight that takes off to the EU from Terminal C. There is exactly one hour between arrival and departure. Is that going to be enough time?
No , in theory you can but in reality its too risky . SU just created new MCT of 1h for pax transiting between two international flights to/from termina C , but iam quite skeptical

The terminal C is the new terminal for international flights , i havent tried it but still , this is SVO + SU so i still expect the same low level of efficiency

Assuming first plane wont be delayed , and you will unboard/board the plane by bridge rather than paxbus , it is barely enough to make it , as boarding start 30 mins before flight's take off , so you will have to rush a bit

Consider many factors such as delays due to weather (if you fly during winter its quite common) , taxi time , time to leave a crowded plane , queues at passport control (you wont enter russian federation but still) and security , and you have a bunch of reasons why it might go wrong
hessbo likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 1, 2021 at 4:19 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
I'd say one hour (between arrival and departure) is cutting it too close UNLESS you are booked on one single reservation with the same airline.

Sometimes you can get through quickly, but it can be hit or miss.

In October I flew from JFK to SVO on one booking, landed at Terminal C at 11:45am and managed to get through passport control, baggage claim, move over to Terminal B (very close) check in for my second flight (on a separate reservation) and still hit the business lounge for a good 20 min before boarding my next flight at around 1pm.

I don't recommend doing that, but it worked for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.