Wiki Posts
Search

Flying London to Tashkent with S7?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flying London to Tashkent with S7?

I may have to travel to Uzbekistan and the only oneworld route seems to be with S7 via Moscow.

Anyone have any experience of S7 and a transfer via Moscow?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
S7 are very good and give recognition to OW status is you have it. If when booking you get a seat you dont want you can call up online and they will change it. Transit at DME is very easy and the S7 lounges are quite good as well.

If it i an all Y service you will get a sandwich and tea / water.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You don’t need a transit visa in Russia for this, but if you’re flying BA you may have issues at check-in. I managed to persuade someone in the end both times, but it did cause nerves to jump. The transit at DME is relatively harmless, though one time the woman passing the transit security lane just didn’t want to let anyone through so I had to convince another random airport staffer to have a go at her.

I found S7 to be fine. It’s a no frills airline, but does the trick.

Nothing super dramatic overall, but be aware that if you’re not used to Eastern Europe it might not be quite the same as transiting via Frankfurt or Helsinki.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I would actually like to travel Manchester to Tashkent oneworld but could not find a route? Also, I did not see any options going from London to Tashkent other than Moscow if flying oneworld, any better alternatives?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I would actually like to travel Manchester to Tashkent oneworld but could not find a route? Also, I did not see any options going from London to Tashkent other than Moscow if flying oneworld, any better alternatives?
I suspect MAN-LHR-DME-Whatever Tashkent is will probably be your best bet. Are there better off OneWorld options via Dubai otherwise?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
You can fly direct from LHR as well a couple of times a week.... Also TK serve that part of the world very well. Yes I know both are not OW.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
The best option ( non Oneworld of course ) is probably Turkish via Istanbul ... they have 2 or 3 flights a day to Tashkent which would presumably connect well with their Manchester flights

Most flights to/from Tashkent arrive at awful hours of the day/night .. Uzbekistan airways ( okay but no good for collecting points ) do fly from LHR a couple of times a week but not cheap and the timings are poor

Other than going via Moscow I don't think there are any other Oneworld options really - Qatar don't fly there from Doha
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
About 4 years ago I flew to Moldova with them, BA to DME and then S7 to Chisinau.

J wasn't too bad on the leg out of Moscow, and they brought a separate VIP minibus to offload the J pax prior to the rest of the aircraft jumping on a bus to the terminal. The cabin crew was struggling to hold back the hordes, but I think she'd been especially trained for the task as none of the m made it through until the mini-bus had pulled off.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke
About 4 years ago I flew to Moldova with them, BA to DME and then S7 to Chisinau.

J wasn't too bad on the leg out of Moscow, and they brought a separate VIP minibus to offload the J pax prior to the rest of the aircraft jumping on a bus to the terminal. The cabin crew was struggling to hold back the hordes, but I think she'd been especially trained for the task as none of the m made it through until the mini-bus had pulled off.
I miss that route. Nowadays Air Moldova is unfortunately a lot more convenient (and cheaper).
bhbloke likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If flying Y, then TK is a solid option. I’ve arrived in IST courtesy of an exit row and frankly the comfort and food are as good as CE and the IFE much better. IST is a less painful transit than DME too.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK
You can fly direct from LHR as well a couple of times a week.... Also TK serve that part of the world very well. Yes I know both are not OW.
I’s advise against flying directly in UZAL unless one really wants just to get there in a hurry. It’s been the crappiest flight ever and I’m including in the count a US Air journey that included 3 cancellations and a cabin crew who mistook me for another flier with whom she had an argument and wanted me arrested.
bhbloke likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I can thoroughly recommend them; used them a few times for flights to Siberia.

Modern airplanes and attentive staff (not the best English though). Got upgrades several times into Business as BA silver that time.

As others said, its still Eastern Europe (especially at the airports) but nothing which should concern you.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I flew S7 from Sardinia to DME just short of a year ago. Very comfortable (“real”) Business Class seat, and I was driven by car from the remote stand to the DME terminal.
The food was not great, but not horrible either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.