Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot Inventory loading: When? LON-PKC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Au, BA Mauve

Hey.

Looking to do LON -> PKC return next year in July, and keen to ensure that my group get seats at the normal 640GBP rate

But, expecting seat inventory to have been loaded, I don't see anything.

Looking at Calendar view shows erratic inventory / flights:

The flights shown above vary wildly from what I saw just two weeks ago.

Am I just being wildly optimistic, or should I start walking now?

Actual itinerary is

Outbound LHR - LON (with 24 hours, if poss, in Moscow) 2020 July 15
Return PKC - LON - 10 days later
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold
1. Aeroflot normally opens booking 330 days before flight, so it's too early anyway.
2. PKC flights for the whole 2020 are not yet on sale. The reasons is that Aeroflot currently reconsiders its Russia Far East fixed fares. For 2019 SVO - PKC OW is set at 15000 roubles, RT at 25000 roubles. For 2020 the price might go somewhat up, if fixed fares are prolonged. You might also want to use them, when tickets eventually go on sale - this can probably work out cheaper than ex-LHR fares, especially if using another carrier for LON - MOW part. Fixed fares are from Moscow only.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eurocity
1. Aeroflot normally opens booking 330 days before flight, so it's too early anyway.
2. PKC flights for the whole 2020 are not yet on sale. The reasons is that Aeroflot currently reconsiders its Russia Far East fixed fares. For 2019 SVO - PKC OW is set at 15000 roubles, RT at 25000 roubles. For 2020 the price might go somewhat up, if fixed fares are prolonged. You might also want to use them, when tickets eventually go on sale - this can probably work out cheaper than ex-LHR fares, especially if using another carrier for LON - MOW part. Fixed fares are from Moscow only.
I'm incredibly grateful for your reply, Eurocity. Thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eurocity
Hi. They were eventually released this week for next summer, 300GBP round trip MOS-PKC

Thanks... Saved me a fortune compared to flying with S7 :-)
ParisMoskau likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: EBG
Im looking at flying ARN-SVO-PKC-SVO-ARN in August next year.

When checking prices, if I book ARN-SVO-ARN and SVO-PKC-SVO on seperate tickets, I save alot of money (almost, 900€). Is there any downside to doing this? Would a delay mean that I would have no rights for instance? Would I be able to check the luggage through or would the russians let me need to re-check the luggage and also check in at SVO?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Svante
Im looking at flying ARN-SVO-PKC-SVO-ARN in August next year.

When checking prices, if I book ARN-SVO-ARN and SVO-PKC-SVO on seperate tickets, I save alot of money (almost, 900€). Is there any downside to doing this? Would a delay mean that I would have no rights for instance? Would I be able to check the luggage through or would the russians let me need to re-check the luggage and also check in at SVO?
That's exactly what we've done. BA from LHR-Moscow, then train across Moscow for SVO-PKC. Flights ended up being £600 (BA+Aeroflot), rather than £1000 with S7/BA

The only downside is that you may have to recheck your luggage, and yes, your flights may be at risk if you have a delay...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.