FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   SVO...transiting from Terminal E to B...What’s it like? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1966752-svo-transiting-terminal-e-b-what-s-like.html)

suntravler Apr 24, 2019 10:55 am

SVO...transiting from Terminal E to B...What’s it like?

Ive never been to SVO and I’ve never flown Aeroflot.

I’ll be arriving on AF at Terminal E and I have 3 hours to get to Terminal B where I have an SU flight to LED.

Are there signs in English? Is this transit clearly marked for connecting passengers?

What kind of passport control and security screenings should I expect?

If I already have my boarding pass can I go straight to the gate at Terminal B? Or do I have to check-in at the SU counter?

I’ll be flying AF with only carry-on bags but AF is more liberal with their carry-on allowance than is SU. So I’m concerned I will have a problem when I get to boarding SU. While my bags are the correct size, they may be a few pounds too heavy for SU rules since I understand they will weigh my rollaboard AND ALSO my purse or “personal item” for a combined total of 10 kgs.

My rollaboard is fine by itself....under 10 kgs. But if they add the weight of my “personal item” with my laptop in it, the weight will be over the official limit of 10kgs. (22 pounds). So how will this be sorted out? Will they stop me somewhere to weigh things in this check-in Boarding process?

i understand I need to take a train from E to B.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

fifty_two Apr 26, 2019 1:31 am

Originally Posted by suntravler (Post 31033052)
Ive never been to SVO and I’ve never flown Aeroflot.

I’ll be arriving on AF at Terminal E and I have 3 hours to get to Terminal B where I have an SU flight to LED.

Are there signs in English? Is this transit clearly marked for connecting passengers?

What kind of passport control and security screenings should I expect?

If I already have my boarding pass can I go straight to the gate at Terminal B? Or do I have to check-in at the SU counter?

no need to worry more than necessary , 3 hours are enough.

You are connecting from international to domestic , so you will need to clear immigration and probably a small security screening

if your flights are under the same booking , you will be checked for all flights (except if not possible for technical reasons)

Originally Posted by suntravler (Post 31033052)
I’ll be flying AF with only carry-on bags but AF is more liberal with their carry-on allowance than is SU. So I’m concerned I will have a problem when I get to boarding SU. While my bags are the correct size, they may be a few pounds too heavy for SU rules since I understand they will weigh my rollaboard AND ALSO my purse or “personal item” for a combined total of 10 kgs.

My rollaboard is fine by itself....under 10 kgs. But if they add the weight of my “personal item” with my laptop in it, the weight will be over the official limit of 10kgs. (22 pounds). So how will this be sorted out? Will they stop me somewhere to weigh things in this check-in Boarding process?

if your rollboard doesnt look too big you should be fine , and about your laptop you should check if it fits into your luggage , just in case they start to complain