Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

S7 Airlines Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport Business Lounge - S7 at OVB International?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S7 Airlines Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport Business Lounge - S7 at OVB International?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC

Hi all,
May have an overnight layover at OVB on my way to TAS. Was curious if I would be able to spend the night (arriving in the International terminal from MUC on S7/Globus Airlines at 10pm, fly out at 9am) - at the S7 Airlines Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport Business Lounge (International VIP Terminal) (I'm OneWorld Sapphire). It just says "Open 2 hrs prior to departure". Are there flights all day/night? Would like to save some $$$.

Alternatively, would I be able to go to the S7 Business lounge in the domestic terminal which is 24/7? Hotel suggestions?

What are the amenities like at the S7 Airlines Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport Business Lounge (International Terminal)

Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:38 am

Paging Woody125

Russian airport lounges are not open 24 / 7, and most certainly not overnight.
The S7 lounge at DME closes when the last plane leaves, usually the red eye to Siberia.

That said OVB is S7's home base, and the Lounge in Novo is way nicer than the one at DME. Complete with a piano as I recall. Quiet and never crowded.

I could be wrong, but I think you better find a place to spend the night near OVB.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
I am not sure if there even is a lounge in the international terminal. OVB has a business lounge and a VIP lounge (which likely incurs a fee), but to my knowledge they are both in the domestic terminal (possibly serving international passengers as well).

They'd likely require passing immigration (check visa requirements).

Onsite at OVB is a modern and comfortable hotel - http://www.skyport.su/ - just a 5 min walk from the terminals. I stayed there once, and liked it overall.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:12 am

The lounge is in the domestic terminal. The international terminal is quite far away from the domestic terminal, separated by a really long parking lot.

You're lucky its not winter!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
meFIRST

I am sorry I dont know about the lounge at OVB,but the S7 lounge at DME is actually open 24/7.

Rami
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Paging Woody125
Nice. Thanks.

I too would suggest the Skyport hotel. 5 minute walk and not too pricey. The domestic lounge at OVB is really nice. They don't let us SU elites get near it. We can peek over our shoulder at it when we check in but then we must be along our way. The domestic lounge is open all night as flights come and go all night from the domestic terminal. Dark, modern, good food/drink and that piano was still there a few weeks ago when I was there.

I've not flown out of the int'l terminal in many years. They are building a nice, big new one right now between the domestic one and the int'l one which I am sure will have lounge access for int'l passengers but it won't be ready before fall I am sure.

There's another hotel directly across the parking lot from the int'l terminal as well. Not nearly as spiffy as the Skyport but 2 minutes away instead of 5 minutes to Skyport.

Will you have a visa? Per nationality, will you need one? Glad to help more if I can.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by woody125
Nice. Thanks.

I too would suggest the Skyport hotel. 5 minute walk and not too pricey. The domestic lounge at OVB is really nice. They don't let us SU elites get near it. We can peek over our shoulder at it when we check in but then we must be along our way. The domestic lounge is open all night as flights come and go all night from the domestic terminal. Dark, modern, good food/drink and that piano was still there a few weeks ago when I was there.

I've not flown out of the int'l terminal in many years. They are building a nice, big new one right now between the domestic one and the int'l one which I am sure will have lounge access for int'l passengers but it won't be ready before fall I am sure.

There's another hotel directly across the parking lot from the int'l terminal as well. Not nearly as spiffy as the Skyport but 2 minutes away instead of 5 minutes to Skyport.

Will you have a visa? Per nationality, will you need one? Glad to help more if I can.
Thanks all, will send PM.
The OneWorld site shows a International lounge. The flights, if I did the S7 routing, would be both out of there, not the domestic I believe.
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Thanks all, will send PM.
The OneWorld site shows a International lounge. The flights, if I did the S7 routing, would be both out of there, not the domestic I believe.
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
I would assume there is a lounge over there in the terminal and I bet it is open all night. They fly to so many int'l places in SE and Central Asia at such odd hours of the night that it must be open all night. I was there with a friend who flew in from BKK. I'll ask him if he remembers. He's a *A guy so no love for him at all in OVB.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
meFIRST

I am sorry I dont know about the lounge at OVB,but the S7 lounge at DME is actually open 24/7.

Rami
Hmm....the babushka cleaning ladies chased me out after the last red eye was getting ready to leave. I think this is a very YMMV situation. Don't mess with the siberian grandmothers.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Don't mess with the siberian grandmothers.
Amen to that!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Hi all - don't want to start a new thread, so maybe I can ask the question here... Thinking of redeeming some OW miles and trying out S7 (an airline I would like to try). However, the current availability has an unavoidable 12-hour layover in the international terminal... I require a visa to enter Russia, which means I have to be stuck in the transit area, but during daytime. Are there enough stuff to occupy myself with for 12 hours? Hopefully the lounge is decent enough?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:53 am

Can you purchase a day pass for the OVB domestic lounge? I'm rearranging a RTW ticket and may have a 14:15-01:30 layover there.

Alternatively, would the Skyport hotel have a day rate, like checkout by 11 pm or something? Any email contact for the hotel?

Cheers.

Jon
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by povertyjetset
Can you purchase a day pass for the OVB domestic lounge? I'm rearranging a RTW ticket and may have a 14:15-01:30 layover there.

Alternatively, would the Skyport hotel have a day rate, like checkout by 11 pm or something? Any email contact for the hotel?

Cheers.

Jon
http://www.skyport.su/ should have all the info you need. One of the last .su urls I've seen. Interesting.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA
The S7 domestic OVB Lounge is aweful, you have to pay for everything exept Water.
And it's not a lounge where I want to spend more time than needed.
DME has International Standard.

Hotels in OVB are not expensive ! Spend your time there.

Greetings from Novosibirsk
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by zappingtv
The S7 domestic OVB Lounge is aweful, you have to pay for everything exept Water.
And it's not a lounge where I want to spend more time than needed.
DME has International Standard.

Hotels in OVB are not expensive ! Spend your time there.

Greetings from Novosibirsk
What non-expensive hotel are you at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.