Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

S7 - Digital BA Executive card sufficient?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold

Hi!

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I'm a relatively new frequent flyer - let alone having status . I'll be flying from Dusseldorf to Moscow with S7 in economy.
I'm a BA Executive Gold (OW Emerald) and thus have extra baggage allowance, free seat selection and lounge access.

I just got off the phone with their priority line about seat selection (couldn't get it done on their site). They told me for the extra baggage allowance and lounge access I could just show up and show my frequent flyer card. As BA seems to have a difficult time getting a physical card shipped I'll only have a digital card in the mobile app with me.

Will this suffice when I'm flying with a partner airline? They couldn't really tell me on the phone, combined with a language barrier and me being hearing impaired.

Thanks, and sorry again if it's a stupid question.

Last edited by InsomniaBA; Dec 12, 2018 at 5:25 am Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Your BP should print and said OW Emerald, with that you should be able to access to the Lounge, but they should accept the Digital card, all they need (in case you are using a different FF# on your reservation) is your BA number, so they can confirm you are an active OW Emerald member in their system.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: FB Gold
There's no reason to worry on the inbound. However, things could get interesting on the outbound, assuming you'll fly out of DME with S7. Russia is one of the only places where I've had to actually show my physical FF card in order to get access, as lounge dragons can get very particular at times. You should mostly be fine but be prepared to potentially argue a little bit.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Originally Posted by fedechat
Your BP should print and said OW Emerald, with that you should be able to access to the Lounge, but they should accept the Digital card, all they need (in case you are using a different FF# on your reservation) is your BA number, so they can confirm you are an active OW Emerald member in their system.
Thanks! I've indeed added my usual BA# on the ticket.

Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
There's no reason to worry on the inbound. However, things could get interesting on the outbound, assuming you'll fly out of DME with S7. Russia is one of the only places where I've had to actually show my physical FF card in order to get access, as lounge dragons can get very particular at times. You should mostly be fine but be prepared to potentially argue a little bit.
Yes. I indeed will, I'll be prepare for that in case I'll make use of the lounge. Time to brush up the Russian arguing skills my nan taught me back in the days.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Just used electronic card BAEC to enter the S7 lounge at OVB. Was an economy only flight.
No issues. The hipsters that works at the lounge are comfortable with the electronic card.

Ironically, the one time I got asked to see the plastic card ironically was in AMS at the KL crown club lounge. The lady didn't believe that I was STE+ ( despite this printed on my BP) and insisted on seeing the plastic card, claiming that I could have hacked the electronic one. Thats the kind of reputation that is going around these days…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.