SU cabin temperature - breaking a sweat

Old Dec 2, 18, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
SU cabin temperature - breaking a sweat

On every red eye on Aeroflot I find myself wake up, sweating with a dry throat. I then approach the CC at L1 and ask to decrease the temperature.
Incidentally, there are always two CC sitting there when this happens.
On my last flight I finally caught a glimpse at the setting: 25C. It was lowered to 23C.

Now, flying other airlines (also 77W) i noticed feeling less fatigued, less dry in my throat and not waking up from excessive heat. Does anyone know if SU have a policy for cabin temperatures at night?
Old Dec 2, 18, 10:35 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
International or domestic? I fly domestically at least once a month and even in the depths of winter haven't noticed this.
Old Dec 3, 18, 3:21 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue, SU Bonus
Domestically (or on short/medium-haul SU) I never noticed this. I flew JFK-SVO once and I noticed this same thing - the cabin was way, way too warm. (No different than the Moscow Metro in winter, really.)
Old Dec 3, 18, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Originally Posted by ilcannone View Post
International or domestic? I fly domestically at least once a month and even in the depths of winter haven't noticed this.
Only on long haul red eyes on the 77W. Never had the issue on the 73H, 321 or 320.
Old Dec 3, 18, 11:34 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by hessbo View Post

Only on long haul red eyes on the 77W. Never had the issue on the 73H, 321 or 320.
Interesting, I've flown plenty of domestic red eyes from Ufa right the way to Sakhalin (thus all kinds of aircraft) plus to JFK and Tashkent, never noticed a temperature issue on any aircraft, even on Rossiya and Aurora.
Old Jan 28, 19, 4:54 am

Noticed it as well last week. Russians seem to like tropical temperatures in the winter. Had a hotel room where I had to struggle to get the temp below 24c. SU and S7 do like their cabins very warm!
Old Jan 29, 19, 5:06 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by hessbo View Post
On every red eye on Aeroflot I find myself wake up, sweating with a dry throat. I then approach the CC at L1 and ask to decrease the temperature.
Incidentally, there are always two CC sitting there when this happens.
On my last flight I finally caught a glimpse at the setting: 25C. It was lowered to 23C.

Now, flying other airlines (also 77W) i noticed feeling less fatigued, less dry in my throat and not waking up from excessive heat. Does anyone know if SU have a policy for cabin temperatures at night?
depends on the case . if the plane was parked outdoor all night long they usually turn heating to max in order to warm the plane

my advice = dress with layers and bring water (if possible)

Search this Thread