Does Aeroflot weigh Hand Luggage

Old Nov 13, 18, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Does Aeroflot weigh Hand Luggage

I have hand luggage within the dimensions, but because it's camera gear it's a little over the 10kg limit. I read earlier this year they were strictly enforcing the rules with regards to carry on weight. Does Aeroflot weigh at JFK as I'm flying JFK - SVO? Also, do they weigh on domestic flights within Russia?
Old Nov 14, 18, 7:41 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Yes, at the bag drop desk.
In my experience the limit is not strictly enforced. I usually bring all important things in hand luggage because Aeroflot like to loose my luggage, so that's often about 14kg plus a laptop bag. That's for HKG, MAD, AGP, SXF, FCO. But ymmv.
Old Nov 14, 18, 10:26 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
You'll avoid it totally if you have no checked luggage. The only time I've had hand baggage weighed was in Irkutsk on Monday flying to Mongolia with AeroMongolia. I've yet to experience having anything being weighed in the last year of domestic flying.
Old Nov 16, 18, 10:30 am
Original Poster

re: hessbo

Do you travel business or economy, as business is 15kg but economy is only 10kg.
Old Nov 16, 18, 12:28 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I had the gate agent pull out a measuring tape on me in SVO earlier this year. I was in transit and in J but she absolutely wanted to check it.
Old Nov 17, 18, 4:51 pm

Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Originally Posted by bankops View Post
I had the gate agent pull out a measuring tape on me in SVO earlier this year. I was in transit and in J but she absolutely wanted to check it.
This is a new phenomenon based on orders from Moscow.
They have even started weighing and measuring at the departure gate also, at JFK T1.

Based on my experience, business class pax and those with Gold platinum cards ( from Aeroflot Bonus) have been excluded from this humiliation. I usually tend to board late, you can spare yourself the exercise by going to the gate 15 minutes before they close
Old Nov 17, 18, 11:56 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Originally Posted by antipodesflyer View Post
re: hessbo

Do you travel business or economy, as business is 15kg but economy is only 10kg.
Usually I'm on mixed class itineraries with the long leg in business and the short leg in economy.
Old Nov 20, 18, 6:36 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
In my experience, personnel in Russia is fine. Overseas, where they have contractors handling operations, some of them can be annoying.

Search this Thread