FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   S7: Lounge access to all OneWorld lounges? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1939712-s7-lounge-access-all-oneworld-lounges.html)

PeteStete Nov 9, 2018 6:56 am

S7: Lounge access to all OneWorld lounges?

On its website S7 defines the privileges of the S7 Priority program. At the bottom of the privileges page under "Access to Business Class lounges is provided in airports listed below" they have a list of roughly 100 airports where access to business class lounges is provided. What is about all the other airports that have a OneWorld lounge? Does it mean I cannot access them even though I am a S7 Priority Gold/Platinum (Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald) customer?

luitje Nov 9, 2018 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by PeteStete (Post 30411359)
What is about all the other airports that have a OneWorld lounge? Does it mean I cannot access them even though I am a S7 Priority Gold/Platinum (Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald) customer?

I believe this is part of airlines' comitment in the alliance (i.e. paying for lounge use by their members), but a lot of carriers share a shorter list of lounges (normally their own and cheaper ones) in a hope their status members will stick to those helping airlines bottom line. Nice try, S7:)

CPH-Flyer Nov 9, 2018 7:06 pm

Any airport with an OW lounge and departing on an OW flight you will have access to the lounge.

S7 may just be listing the airports that they fly to or have code share flights to. The rest of the list is always available on the oneworld website.

Concerto Nov 10, 2018 4:30 am

If anybody knows, I was wondering about the following: I made an award ticket on S7 using BA Avios, with the routing KUF-DME-VRN. Now, the Samara to Moscow flight operates a 1-class cabin of Economy, then the Moscow to Verona flight offers a Business class. The ticket is in Economy on the KUF-DME leg and then in Business on the DME-VRN leg, all issued on one ticket. How will it work with lounge access?

S7 is a bit funny with lounge access, and many Business fares (Basic without luggage) as well as online upgrades do not include lounge access. I don't know how they police that, except that there must be something obvious written on the BP. But how will it work with a British Airways issued award ticket? I am expecting no lounge access in KUF, with lounge access granted in DME before the flight to Verona.

Rami Tamimi Nov 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 30414531)
If anybody knows, I was wondering about the following: I made an award ticket on S7 using BA Avios, with the routing KUF-DME-VRN. Now, the Samara to Moscow flight operates a 1-class cabin of Economy, then the Moscow to Verona flight offers a Business class. The ticket is in Economy on the KUF-DME leg and then in Business on the DME-VRN leg, all issued on one ticket. How will it work with lounge access?

S7 is a bit funny with lounge access, and many Business fares (Basic without luggage) as well as online upgrades do not include lounge access. I don't know how they police that, except that there must be something obvious written on the BP. But how will it work with a British Airways issued award ticket? I am expecting no lounge access in KUF, with lounge access granted in DME before the flight to Verona.

No lounge access in KUF unfortunately. S7 does have mixed cabin fares for those situations, where the lounge access &priority boarding e.t.c are available at the transit airport before the flight on a full Y flight.

How do they police it? You may have noticed some weird notes printed under the barcode on the BP.

LNG YES or LNG NO (for J tickets only and Sapphire/Emerald cards override this)
BAG NO or BAG 1PCS 23KG ( or whatever your ticketed allowance is)
​​​​​​SNR NO or SNR YES shows as to whether you are entitled to complimentary seat selection (any elite OW status overrides this).

Concerto Nov 15, 2018 6:52 am

But presumably lounge access will be allowed at DME during a 5 hour layover, given the following sector is in Business? How does a British Airways award work in this respect? Maybe you don’t know if you don’t collect at BAEC.​​​​​​

Rami Tamimi Nov 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 30432077)
But presumably lounge access will be allowed at DME during a 5 hour layover, given the following sector is in Business? How does a British Airways award work in this respect? Maybe you don’t know if you don’t collect at BAEC.

Yes, lounge access is allowed on award tickets (Y award tickets also include free seat selection and a baggage allowance).

You will get access to the S7 lounge, but not to the BA lounge, because technically"Navigator" is not a BA lounge. It's run by the airport authority, but access is restricted to those flying BA and IB metal.