FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   How to book upgrade with miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1939377-how-book-upgrade-miles.html)

suntravler Nov 7, 2018 7:18 am

How to book upgrade with miles?

I’ve never flown Aeroflot and have no elite status with any airlines. I do have lots of points/miles with various programs.

I want to book a one-way flight SVO-LED for cash in Economy FLEX. This class allows an upgrade to Business with miles.

I cant find a chart online that shows how many miles I would need to upgrade to business. Can someone please help me with this information? If I knew how many miles I would need I could transfer points to Aeroflot Bonus account I’ve set up.

Would I have to book this on the phone or can it be done online in English?

Can I book this through Delta Skymiles?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me about this process.

hessbo Nov 7, 2018 4:41 pm

Good morning suntraveler,
you can find how many miles you need by calculation:
https://www.aeroflot.ru/ikm/mobile/s...864.1527603493
I hope this link also works for you.

Check if seats are available in O class by doing a dummy booking "pay with miles" on the Aeroflot website.

Redemption by Aeroflot Bonus miles sometimes works online. If not, can Aeroflot main number (shown at the bottom of the website), then follow the menu. Their spoken English is excellent.

Enjoy!

OpenSky Nov 7, 2018 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by suntravler (Post 30403774)
I’ve never flown Aeroflot and have no elite status with any airlines. I do have lots of points/miles with various programs.

I want to book a one-way flight SVO-LED for cash in Economy FLEX. This class allows an upgrade to Business with miles.

I cant find a chart online that shows how many miles I would need to upgrade to business. Can someone please help me with this information? If I knew how many miles I would need I could transfer points to Aeroflot Bonus account I’ve set up.

Would I have to book this on the phone or can it be done online in English?

Can I book this through Delta Skymiles?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me about this process.

Upgrades on Aeroflot are for Aeroflot bonus members only using Aeroflot miles, Sorry.

Aeroflot miles are earned by participating in the Aeroflot bonus program.
I have tons of Aeroflot miles, it would be nice if I could book a economy ticket on Delta and upgrade to Delta One business class.
Fat chance. Same thing.

If you want to fly business on SVO-LED, please buy a ticket or redeem using the delta program. Best of luck

miklcct Nov 8, 2018 2:26 am

You should book through Delta since you are using Delta miles.

Concerto Nov 8, 2018 5:36 am

Seemingly you can't upgrade using miles from other SkyTeam programmes, just from Aerobonus. Don't try to do it at the airport, you won't get much help or service. Or maybe you might land on someone decent. I certainly didn't.

MSPeconomist Nov 8, 2018 5:42 am

I think the OP wants to use DL miles. This would require calling DL, but first check the rules for SkyTeam upgrade awards to see whether SU participates and what is required for the fare class (FULL Y rather than just flexible ticket?) and other details. I think DL would actually use award charts for this.

suntravler Nov 8, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks so much to everyone for trying to help me out. It’s given me a lot of information and a few ideas.

If DL allowed skyteam partner upgrades on Aeroflot I could use either DL miles. Otherwise I could transfer miles from Marriott to Aeroflot Bonus.

i tried booking through Delta but it didn’t work online. I may try calling.

I will also try the dummy booking on Aeroflot and see what it tells me. I’ll probably have to call Aeroflot anyway. I certainly don’t want to transfer any points from Marriott to Aeroflot if I won’t be able to use them. On the Aeroflot website, I get some pages in English but then sometimes I land on a page that’s only in Russian.

This is a short flight between svo and led. But the price difference between economy flex and business is enormous.

Thanks again to everyone.