SVO new connecting times

Old Oct 13, 18, 10:24 am
Original Poster

SVO new connecting times

As of 28 October, it seems that new, slightly reduced connecting times will apply to transits at SVO (it's on the SU website). Does anyone happen to know if this means that transit procedures have been improved? Any chance, in particular, that there will be more security checks / scan machines? That is a famous bottleneck. Or any other reason?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 13, 18, 9:03 pm

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by Tottoru View Post
As of 28 October, it seems that new, slightly reduced connecting times will apply to transits at SVO (it's on the SU website). Does anyone happen to know if this means that transit procedures have been improved? Any chance, in particular, that there will be more security checks / scan machines? That is a famous bottleneck. Or any other reason?

Many thanks in advance.
any link ?
Old Oct 14, 18, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
any link ?
It's on the Aeroflot website but I cannot post the link since I do not have 5 posts on FT -- I will send it to you by PM if I can, maybe you can post it. It's also the first page that comes out on Google by searching "Aeroflot SVO connecting times".
Old Oct 14, 18, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Tottoru View Post
It's on the Aeroflot website but I cannot post the link since I do not have 5 posts on FT -- I will send it to you by PM if I can, maybe you can post it. It's also the first page that comes out on Google by searching "Aeroflot SVO connecting times".
Thanks!

https://www.aeroflot.ru/us-en/inform...irport/transit
Old Oct 14, 18, 1:02 pm

Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Probably not. The extra counters ( that were put up for world cup) exist, but are unmanned. And the usual invasive Russians style double passport checks.
Old Oct 14, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
ok , no idea why , what were the previous connecting times ?

60 minutes is the strict minimum , but it wont change a thing as SU will not change their schedules in order to make shorter connections

i will pass through SVO next month , i will check if any differences
Old Oct 14, 18, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

As indicated in the Aeroflot webpage, connecting times are cut by 10 minutes. This means that certain transits that were previously unavailable may now be sold -- I have one of those on 28 October, this is the reason why I am inquiring, just curious on how SU will handle this.
28 October is the first day of the winter season, there are other changes such as Rossiya flights moved from Vnukovo to SVO, new SU flights, etc.
I guess we need the help of a Russian speaker or, even better, of an insider.
Old Oct 17, 18, 8:06 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)
Thanks for the information, I will try to book connections with less times in the future if possible.
Old Oct 24, 18, 6:58 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Aeroflot are partially adapting the winter schedule to take advantage of the shortened MCT at SVO.
I've received notifications about SU213 (arrives 5 minutes later) and SU2604 (departs 10 minutes earlier) this week.
There are no changes yet for SU212. However this means that the reduced MCT doesn't always translate in more and faster connections at SVO.
Old Oct 25, 18, 7:26 am

Programs: FB Gold
Interestingly 28 October is also when FV transfers all of its flights from VKO to SVO. Could be related somehow? Something to do with the new domestic terminal maybe?
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:01 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)
Originally Posted by hessbo View Post
Aeroflot are partially adapting the winter schedule to take advantage of the shortened MCT at SVO.
I've received notifications about SU213 (arrives 5 minutes later) and SU2604 (departs 10 minutes earlier) this week.
There are no changes yet for SU212. However this means that the reduced MCT doesn't always translate in more and faster connections at SVO.
I've booked SU213 - SU2200 in next summer, let's hope for some favourable change (shortening the connection time).
Old Oct 29, 18, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Been there done that and I can confirm that nothing changed in the transit procedures. I happened to find nobody at passport control and security check and could have made the connection in 60 minutes, but there is no guarantee this would be the case with more transiting passengers. SU is what it is, often good value for money, but a bit of buyer's beware for the less experienced traveler.
hessbo likes this.

Search this Thread