Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Requesting specific information but told it's impossible to get...

Old Sep 25, 18, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot

So the husband and I booked tickets from Moscow to Mexico City via Havana in December with Aeroflot/Aeromexico, returning 3 weeks later from Havana (also Aeroflot), but exiting Mexico via land into Belize. Now I'm aware that by flying into Mexico, one has already paid the Derecho de No Immigrante (DNI) in the airfare, but, exiting by land can result in officials asking this to be paid in Mexican pesos again unless it can be proven it's been paid.

ITA Matrix shows that this is one of the taxes indeed paid, which I showed a copy to Aeroflot, yet they claim to not be able to give any detailed information regarding taxes, sending me this instead:

Unfortunately, we have general information only https://www.aeroflot.ru/ru-en/inform...te/service_fee

Your ticket was combined with taxes shows below:

FARE EUR 625.00 EQUIV PAID RUB 48750 TAX 16536YQ TAX

496RI TAX 4121XT TOTAL RUB 69903

YQ tax – is the fuel surcharge

RI – is the fee for the use of reservation systems

XT - taxes of foreign airports (OTHER).

Any ideas on how I can obtain any sort of invoice/document/etc to show the DNI would be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 25, 18, 8:37 am

If the DNI would be included it should state be marked in invoice with "UK". ITA matrix says :"
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown." End quote

Maybe the purchased ticket was not exact match to the ITA Matrix information ?
Old Sep 25, 18, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by tarmosan View Post
If the DNI would be included it should state be marked in invoice with "UK". ITA matrix says :"
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown." End quote

Maybe the purchased ticket was not exact match to the ITA Matrix information ?
I searched the exact same fare the day after purchase and messaged Aeroflot with a screenshot showing them exactly what I wanted detailed, so I know I found the right one. I simply can't fathom why Aeroflot would refuse to provide anything that DETAILS the taxes paid!

Search this Thread