Aeroflot silver tier uncertainty

Old Sep 2, 18, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Aeroflot silver tier uncertainty

I'm a mere 10 sectors off becoming silver, 5 of which I'll be completing this month alone, plus in December an SVO-HAV(-MEX on one ticket, returning HAV-SVO in January which I doubt would count anyway) and will no doubt fulfill by the end of the year due to business trips. However, looking at the Aeroflot website - https://www.aeroflot.ru/ru-en/afl_bo...lver_to_flight - I'm not really sure what benefit I would even get from it...

I know it's the first of 3 tiers, but I never check luggage in, priority check-in(/boarding) simply doesn't exist in Russia - every flight I've taken with Aeroflot/Rossiya in the last 2 years (except JFK-SVO) has always been a mad dash at the gate. So I fail to see the benefit here.

In addition, I've yet to have an incident where I would need to be on standby for anything (and frankly, wouldn't really have much scope for that due to the nature of my work) since I simply fly from Moscow to wherever I need to be (as nearby as Samara, as far away as Yuzhno Sakhalinsk) and return a couple/few days later.

Perhaps if someone can share something that I've perhaps missed, that would be awesome!
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:45 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
in my opnion you are correct

if you fly only SU and mostly in russia , and what you described is correct then silver is not really useful

did you checked if you have enough miles to redeem for award flights ?
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
I'm nowhere near. I'm lucky to earn even 50% of the miles I fly half of the time :/

Search this Thread