Aeroflot business svo-lax vs Delta One

Old Jul 6, 18, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Aeroflot business svo-lax vs Delta One

Can anyone compare Delta One to Aeroflot Business? I'm currently booked all Delta metal, BCN-AMS business, AMS-SEA Delta One, SEA-KOA first. That is 70,000 Delta miles plus about $400, and we bought the last leg for about $850. Now for 70,000 miles all the way (plus $400 fuel) there's Delta partner Aeroflot BCN-Moscow business, Moscow-LAX Aeroflot business 777-300ER, LAX-KOA DL First. That flight is not only $1700 less for 2, it saves us having to check into a hotel along the way. The reviews for Aeroflot business seem good, but is it a mistake compared to Delta one? (I also found some on AA metal, dreamliner, BCN-ORD-LAX-KOA for 110,000 miles and $50. So that might be an option also. I loved the AA dreamliner in first but haven't been in business.

We'd have 6 hours in Moscow. Would it be feasible to take a short trip into the city, or would I need a visa?
Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 18, 11:14 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I can't fully compare the quality of the different business class options across the Atlantic. However from a pricing, and logic of connection there is no doubt I would take the AA option.

6 hours is not much to visit Moscow, SVO is a good bit of way from the city, and traffic can be horrendous in Moscow. I think there is a train, but I have never looked in to the details of that. Depending on your passport, but most nationalities would need a visa to enter Russia.
​​​​​​
​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Jul 8, 18, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
From the metal/service perspective I would go with SU (intra European leg in J is definitely better on SU than KL, TATL is better on DL if solo, SU if travelling with a companion; both are lie flat), but totally agree that 6 hours in SVO could be a nightmare - lounges are pretty bad there and there's not a lot to do. Also, unless you have a Russian visa I would recommend against transiting through Russian airports - you don't want to be stuck in a terminal in case of an irrop.
Old Jul 9, 18, 9:30 am

Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Yeah the lounges at SVO seem to be an afterthought.

Please don't take our award inventory.
Old Jul 12, 18, 5:15 pm

Is SU redemption available again?
There were numerous threads over the last several months noting that SU award space was not visible to partners...

op, there is quite a bit of backtracking as BCN-SVO is a long flight and the whole routing looks very exhausting: 5 hr + longhaul + 6 hr... ouch...

if your alternative is BCN-AMS-SEA then overnight in hotel then SEA-KOA i would absolutely pick that one....

Search this Thread