Comfort on SU - fare questions

Old Jun 4, 18, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Comfort on SU - fare questions

Hi guys, I'm very unfamiliar with SU but am considering to fly them (from ATH) to Asia in their Comfort cabin.

On their website the fare for the feeder and long-haul flights show as 'ACLA,ACLA'. The feeder flight is on an A321 to SVO..and I do not believe that there is a Comfort cabin on their aircraft. Also, ITA matrix shows that this itinerary would book into M class rather than A. Does anyone have experiences regarding this?
This seemingly rather small detail has some large (milage) earning consequences, as class A would be seen as Premium Economy by Flying blue (And therefore earns 3x more status points). Even if the physical seat is a normal economy one.

The Comfort seat on the long-haul stretch (B777) receives mixed reviews here. Especially for day flights I would appreciate the added width. However if the difference is minimal I'm perhaps better of just flying AF or KLM.

Also during the booking process I do not seem to be able to select any seats. Is this not possible online with SU? I'm Skyteam Elite+ if that matters. Also Expert Flyer doesn't seem to be able to show the seatmap.

I'm guessing this would be fine; but having 2 hours to transfer at SVO should be plenty? I'm assuming that there is no immigration of any kind, and I can just walk to the next gate?

Thanks, appreciate your feedback!
Old Jun 5, 18, 9:31 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)
Your fare is ACLA, which books into M if the feeder flight does not have premium cabin. Class A is the cheapest premium class. (W books into I, S books into B, and A books into M on flights without premium)

For your mileage earning, both class A and M are 150% on its own programme for fare ACLA, however as you are crediting to a partner, the partner should only be possible to see the letter M for the feeder, which means economy.

It should be possible to select your seats for your ticket online, where I did it on an SCLA/ACLA ticket bought online before (however I have refunded the ticket because I found some cheaper offer in class Q discount economy in another port).

There is a bottleneck transferring at SVO where an officer looks (but not stamp) at your passport, but 2 hours should be enough for international to international connection.
Old Jun 10, 18, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Thanks miklcct, appriciate the information

Search this Thread