Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying direct LAX-MOW using miles from a US airline

Old Mar 16, 18, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a direct flight from LAX to SVO. I have miles with several different U.S. airlines- I can not find a single US-based airlines whose partner miles I can use to book on a direct flight from LAX to Moscow- from today to January of 2019. I would love to earn miles on Aeroflot but they don't have a US based credit card and short of flying with them to Russia- I don't see how to earn Aeroflot bonus miles. Is Aeroflot not releasing partner awards seats on these direct flights from the US anymore? Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 16, 18, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You'll have to search on the SV site to find availability and then call DL to hopefully be able to book it. I found availability on several randomly selected dates.
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:01 pm

apparently there are issues with SU availability to partners:

All long-haul SU awards are zeroed out through end-of-schedule, confirmed by SkyMiles

also please don't post identical posts in different forums (DL)
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
apparently there are issues with SU availability to partners:

also please don't post identical posts in different forums (DL)
Thanks as a newbie- in terms of posting identical post in forms- I put this in a SkyMiles one and a Russian based one. I'm sure not everyone who is a member of one forum is a member of the another and I wanted to get different people opinions. i.e a Russian based airline reader may have a solution that a SkyMiles reader wouldn't have. How would you suggest I got about get two separate groups eyes on one question...or does everybody read every forum on FlyerTalk?
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The thread is closed since the question has been cross-posted in the DL forum. Please continue discussion there.
Flying direct LAX-MOW using miles Sky Mile or UR Points

NewbieRunner, Senior Moderator

Search this Thread