FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   Comfort Class in A330 Correct (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1895961-comfort-class-a330-correct.html)

Mileage Lover Feb 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Comfort Class in A330 Correct

Hi,

I've never flown Aeroflot but am looking at a good (?) Comfort Class fare LAX-SVO-HKG -- showing comfort class on both the A330 from LAX and B777 to Hong Kong.

Not until next January but I didn't think the A330 had Comfort class yet.

About $1,400 RT.

Any insights? Comfort class reviews look mixed in terms of recline and legroom on the A777 but slightly better meals and seat width. Also, long layover on return (18+ hours) so I would need to book the transit hotel since I don't have a visa.

Thoughts? Thanks much.

hessbo Feb 27, 2018 8:03 am

Comfort class is on b777 only at the moment. I'm not aware of a planned introduction on a330.

Remember that comfort class is sold as an economy fare according to Aeroflot website. If the plane doesn't have comfort class you will sit in economy.

18 hours at SVO aren't very nice. We had to do it once due to a missed connection. The transit hotel is uncomfortable and noisy. The adjacent sleep pods don't exactly look more inviting.

On the other hand, if you've never been to Moscow, I can highly recommend to get a visa and go to the city!

AntonS Feb 28, 2018 4:37 am

OP, are you serious? $1400 is not cheap -- is there any other reason besides price you want to suffer a MUCH longer route and sit in a regular economy on A330 LAX-SVO because it does not offer PE (and you will have to pay additional $89 each way for exit row seats if they are available at check-in).

If CX nonstop is too expensive in PE, checkout AA nonstop or BR with connection. All of these options in PE are far superior to going LAX-SVO

Also consider Delta comfort plus via SEA -- it's not a real PE, just extra legroom, but if it's significantly cheaper, it's not a bad options either.

gosha83 Mar 1, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover (Post 29463195)
Hi,

I've never flown Aeroflot but am looking at a good (?) Comfort Class fare LAX-SVO-HKG -- showing comfort class on both the A330 from LAX and B777 to Hong Kong.

Not until next January but I didn't think the A330 had Comfort class yet.

About $1,400 RT.

Any insights? Comfort class reviews look mixed in terms of recline and legroom on the A777 but slightly better meals and seat width. Also, long layover on return (18+ hours) so I would need to book the transit hotel since I don't have a visa.

Thoughts? Thanks much.

I wrote a review about the B777 Comfort Class - bottom line, I wouldn't fly it again. I agree with what others are saying, go the shorter way-round.

OpenSky Mar 2, 2018 10:56 pm

Premium Economy ( Comfort) is only available on the 77W, ( 777-300ER)
You will however have access to Comfort Class on the SVO-HKG leg, which I assume is operated by the 77W.
( though usually the LAX-SVO is 77W)

The A330 does not have comfort class, and the business class seat is not even fully flat ( lie flat) .

Frankly from LAX, there are better products at that price point. SQ flies that route non stop ( via SFO) and has a decent premium economy.
CX also Unless you are desperate for Skyteam points.

cheung.chunyuenc Mar 4, 2018 12:41 pm

If you really need Skyteam points, how do you think Premium Economy in China Airlines (CI) as an option? Though it may not be as good as BR
How do you feel about those Chinese Carriers (like China Eastern), are their business class very expensive?

LAX to HKG via Moscow is not something recommended