Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa Russia S7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Visa Russia S7

Hi is it possible to Fly Szg-dme-muc in same day return without a Visa?

Best regards Danny
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Yes, it is possible, because you are not leaving the international airside transit area in DME.
Bender89 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But will the airline allow it, that’s the question? They might get nervous about boarding somebody without a visa. I’ve looked at such routings, on SU anyway, and never found a good price for them.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Well, it is similar to the situation when our North American friends need to urgently visit China (China allows you to go landside when you TWOV), but they don't have a visa. So what they do is they book a USA-China-Canada (or vise versa ticket).

Does it sound strange to the airline staff? Yes
Do they get nervous about it? Yes
Are you allowed to do that? Yes, because you are technically transmitting from the US to Canada (ie transitting to a third country).

It' the same here, yes, the OP may get a few questions, but he is not doing anything wrong or illegal, so they will let him board at the end. In the unlikely event of denied boarding, they will have to pay the Involuntary Denied Boarding compensation as per the EU261 regulation.

Sorry did not get your point about good fares on this route. It's not that SU (or S7) are trying to compete with OS, LH and whoever else flies on the route
Bender89 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.