Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

What will happen if baggage is delayed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club

Here is a hypothetical situation:

I travel from somewhere to Kaliningrad by an international flight to connect to a domestic flight to Moscow. However, the first flight is delayed and I can barely catch the second flight. I finally get on the flight at final call but the baggage didn't. The baggage finally arrived Kaliningrad on a later flight.

In this case, will Aeroflot send the baggage to the address given when I reported the incident upon arrival? If I report an address in Lithuania (because I only enter Russia for the purpose of transit to my final destination in Lithuania, where the nearest major international airport is in Kaliningrad), is Aeroflot possible to send the baggage across the EU-Russia border to where I am staying, or it's better for me to avoid checked luggage for the trip?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I would not expect them to transport baggage to an area they do not service. They contracted to get you to your destination and even though the delay may be their fault, in this hypothetical situation, they won't transport baggage across a border.

If your connection is that tight/is prone to delays you should book a flight with a longer connection. Or be ready to spend your first night in Kaliiningrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.