Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot HAV-SVO with SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Aeroflot HAV-SVO with SkyMiles

So for particular reasons I want one ticket roundtrip Havana-Moscow non-stop on Aeroflot, using SkyMiles. However,Delta states they can only book Aeroflot flights only if the flights originate or end in the US. I'd like to believe this is innacurate, but I know it's a tricky situation. ExpertFlyer shows plenty of economy award space available in the dates I'm interested. Any advice/feedback? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by Basanez
However,Delta states they can only book Aeroflot flights only if the flights originate or end in the US.
That's seriously the funniest thing i have heard today. Seriously.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:56 am

This is the type of things you are probably better asking about in the DL forum.
Award space availability for partner is always very different than award space available for the airline's own FFP.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Apparently after speaking with several supervisors, one was able to explain that internal Delta rules state that SkyMiles can only be used on Deta metal to/from Cuba. So a connecting flight would be possible, but not a non stop in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.