Connecting in Tashkent on HY

Old May 3, 17, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Connecting in Tashkent on HY

I'm considering flying Uzbekistan Airways (HY) on the following route KUL-TAS-DME. I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing an int-to-int connection at TAS, the connection in TAS is a little over 2 hours. TIMATIC seems to indicate that TWOV is permitted (US passport.)

Primarily doing this since I'm interested in flying their 787 in J and need to get to DME from SUB so positioning to KUL is no problem for me.
Old May 3, 17, 9:17 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
I did DEL-TAS-LHR in January.

No visa required. Very easy and smooth. I even had a connecting agent who identified me upon arrival in the terminal building. He checked my documentation for onward travel and then helped me through to the officer who would check documentation further before you are cleared to go through security to the airside transit area.
Old May 3, 17, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by SQueeze View Post
I did DEL-TAS-LHR in January.

No visa required. Very easy and smooth. I even had a connecting agent who identified me upon arrival in the terminal building. He checked my documentation for onward travel and then helped me through to the officer who would check documentation further before you are cleared to go through security to the airside transit area.
Great, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks so much!
Old May 11, 17, 3:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS
Great intel - I have been interested in doing SIN-KUL-TAS-RIX - primarily for the novelty value.

My primary concern is what happens if I miss my connecting flight or the connecting flight is late - I assume one could be stuck airside?

Have only been to Uzbekistan once (years ago), and I recall getting the visa was a bit of a mission.
Old May 11, 17, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, AmEx Cent, Misc Hotel Bling, Moms love me
Chiming in as well, I will do DEL-(ATQ)-TAS-DME next month, with 5 hours in TAS. How are the transit facilities? Assume there's an adequate business lounge? When I used to work in Uzbekistan 5 years ago they were just starting construction...
Old May 13, 17, 4:58 am

Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Originally Posted by ironmanjt View Post
Chiming in as well, I will do DEL-(ATQ)-TAS-DME next month, with 5 hours in TAS. How are the transit facilities? Assume there's an adequate business lounge? When I used to work in Uzbekistan 5 years ago they were just starting construction...
You can read my trip report here. I covered the lounge too.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15706
Old May 13, 17, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, AmEx Cent, Misc Hotel Bling, Moms love me

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing! What did you find was the easiest way to book and select seats? In the 2-1-2 config would be nice to get something in the middle...
Old May 18, 17, 9:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

A very interesting read, SQueeze. Thanks for sharing!

Search this Thread