Odds of Newer Plane

Old May 1, 17, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Odds of Newer Plane

I'm flying Aeroflot SU105 IAD-SVO on May 15th and SU104 on June 1st SVO-IAD.

What are the odds of a A330-300 V2 or V3 showing up? Seat Guru has them flying the V1 with no 120V at seat power.

I'll make contingency plans, but just curious the odds of getting a lucky break.
Old May 7, 17, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

I'm also curious, looking at the seating chart.

There's only about 20 seats or so booked already. Am I going to possibly get lucky and get a somewhat empty plane or is it just people not reserving seats and being a tease.
Old Jun 25, 17, 8:08 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
I'm also curious, looking at the seating chart.

There's only about 20 seats or so booked already. Am I going to possibly get lucky and get a somewhat empty plane or is it just people not reserving seats and being a tease.
In Business, many people just can't be bothered to select the seat: they'll try to arrange first row via concierge (aeroflot platinum only) or at check-in.

In Comfort, it seems to me that most PAX are op-ups from Economy (only on b77W).

In Economy, only STE and STEP can select seats in advance. I've heard that FLEX fares also allow seat selection but the website isn't clear on that. Most OTAs will sell the VALUE branded tickets which don't allow seat selection in advance of OLCI.

FYI: flying HKG-SVO regularly, Economy is usually booked out. I don't know about the American routes.

Search this Thread