FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   Confusion about using rail and fly offer [SU] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1801962-confusion-about-using-rail-fly-offer-su.html)

Ilyna Hewitt Nov 12, 2016 11:25 am

Confusion about using rail and fly offer [SU]

i am flying to Germany with aeroflot airlines on 19th november. I am flying to Frankfurt and then i have to go to Bonn finally. I was looking at trains from Frankfurt to Bonn. I came across this rail and fly offer from aeroflot airlines. i have never used it before . so can anyone answer my following queries -

when i print the train ticket ( frankfurt to Bonn ) on day of arrival at Frankfurt , do i have to pay extra for this booking ? if yes , then whats the meaning of : fly and rail OFFER" in this ?

theres no mention about this anywhere if i have to pay to book the train in Germany with this rail and fly offer. Anyone plz answer.

Yoshi212 Nov 12, 2016 11:30 am

"the price of a train journey by DB AG is included in the Aeroflot ticket price from Moscow to German cities, including through rates from Russian cities to German destinations"

http://www.aeroflot.com/ru-en/special_offers/bahn_ag

Ilyna Hewitt Nov 12, 2016 11:34 am

thanks. But when i was booking the aeroflot ticket , i did not get any option to take this Rail and Fly offer. so my ticket is now booked without this rail and fly offer. Can i add this now to my ticket?

Yoshi212 Nov 12, 2016 11:39 am

It's possible they may allow you to add it but they also might want you to pay a fee. If they do want to charge a fee (and not just any possible fare change) to do so you should definitely look at the train fares available for the route.
Check the price of the train you'd like and compare it to the new fare + what you already paid. It may be cheaper or more expensive.

Ilyna Hewitt Nov 13, 2016 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 (Post 27471206)
It's possible they may allow you to add it but they also might want you to pay a fee. If they do want to charge a fee (and not just any possible fare change) to do so you should definitely look at the train fares available for the route.
Check the price of the train you'd like and compare it to the new fare + what you already paid. It may be cheaper or more expensive.

thanks a lot that you are at least replying to the queries. But still the confusion prevailing.

I did not book the ticket from the airline official website. I booked it from makemytripp.com. Now i called aeroflot airlines , first the lady was not aware about rail and fly offer i had to explain to her , then she put me on hold for 10 minutes and then told me that i should ask makemytrip.com from where i booked the ticket to know if i am eligible to avail this offer. Then i called makemytrip , they said while booking if i used any code to avail any offer, only those offers i will be availing. Both are bouncing me to eachother . I still dont know if i can book the train with the aeroflot airticket i have in my hands!

nux Nov 13, 2016 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Ilyna Hewitt (Post 27473804)
thanks a lot that you are at least replying to the queries. But still the confusion prevailing.

I did not book the ticket from the airline official website. I booked it from makemytripp.com. Now i called aeroflot airlines , first the lady was not aware about rail and fly offer i had to explain to her , then she put me on hold for 10 minutes and then told me that i should ask makemytrip.com from where i booked the ticket to know if i am eligible to avail this offer. Then i called makemytrip , they said while booking if i used any code to avail any offer, only those offers i will be availing. Both are bouncing me to eachother . I still dont know if i can book the train with the aeroflot airticket i have in my hands!

You didn't select this option at the time of booking, so you would need to change your ticket or cancel and re-book to the final destination you're after.

I suggest you just book a train ticket separately.

Ilyna Hewitt Nov 13, 2016 6:28 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 27473829)
You didn't select this option at the time of booking, so you would need to change your ticket or cancel and re-book to the final destination you're after.

I suggest you just book a train ticket separately.

we dont get any option at the time of booking to avail this offer , neither at makemytrip nor at aeroflot official website. You can check yourself at aeroflot website , when you are booking a ticket , nowhere you get the option to avail this offer they just directly take you to the payement page after you filled all travel information

Ilyna Hewitt Nov 13, 2016 6:31 am

thanks . But we dont get any option at the time of booking to avail this offer , neither at makytrip nor at aeroflot website. You can check yourself at aeroflot website while booking a ticket, nowhere they ask to avail this offer. They directly take you to the payement page after you filled the travel informations. This all thing is so vague and confusin :(

LondonElite Nov 13, 2016 8:27 am

You've missed your opportunity, so move on and buy your rail ticket separately. If you book in advance this shouldn't be more than €25.

beckoa Nov 13, 2016 9:31 pm

Ilyna Hewitt, welcome to Flyertalk.

Please follow the redirect as we move this to a more specific forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk