S7 to QR interline baggage on 2 PNRs?

Old Jul 21, 16, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
S7 to QR interline baggage on 2 PNRs?

Have an upcoming trip MUC-DME on S7 and then DME-DOH-XXX on QR, two separate PNRs. Since Oneworld officially no longer through-check baggage on separate PNRs (post June 1, 2016) and actual practice varies (e.g. forum reports seem to indicate BA in general won't while AA will), I was wondering if any fellow FT'ers have experience with S7 on this? In particular, will the S7 out-station in MUC through-check my baggage onto QR?

I do hope S7 is still willing and able to do so... If they can't, it's not just I need extra time to recheck my baggage, but I'll need a visa to go landside to collect it in the first place!

Thanks a lot for your input in advance
Old Jul 21, 16, 7:00 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Under new OW rules they don't have to though they normally are quiet good at it,but I don't want to give you an impression that it is guaranteed.

If you can convert your baggage to HBO in case they don't allow it that would be great.
Old Jul 21, 16, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
Under new OW rules they don't have to though they normally are quiet good at it,but I don't want to give you an impression that it is guaranteed.

If you can convert your baggage to HBO in case they don't allow it that would be great.
Thanks, Rami! I'll have to ponder over the options...
Old Sep 14, 16, 12:27 pm

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
I actually have two S7 tickets for same-day S7 flights - one reward ticket and one bought for cash - and they don't even want to interline my luggage on their own flights! Morover, if the first flight will be delayed, they don't take any resposibility... I confirmed this with S7's CS agent over the phone.

Search this Thread