Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

STE+ benefits on SU code operated by Rossiya

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Guidance please! Looking at direct flight from LED to NCE, SU6633 operated by Rossiya. I am not clear whether this flight would count as Skyteam and allow Sky Priority benefits (and less importantly mileage earning) or not with an AZ STE+ card. Flying Blue's website implies it would, however AZ's website is much less clear and I can't see anything relevant at all on the Aeroflot site. Any views?
Old May 10, 2016, 7:45 am

The only benefits in LED is priority checkin/boarding, nothing for security/immigration, and you should have access.
As for milage earnings, that depends on the booking class of the marketing airline, there seems to be a handful that doesn't earn miles on AZ: https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/mille.../aeroflot.html
Old May 10, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! That's good enough for me. Fare class is 100% earning but more interested in minimising hassle on the ground.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Flew on rossiya once between DME and LED as an STE (not +). Prority luggage was assigned, however priority boarding was not given a crap about by the gate staff, although the signs were there.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Ditto
The only benefits in LED is priority checkin/boarding, nothing for security/immigration, and you should have access.
As for milage earnings, that depends on the booking class of the marketing airline, there seems to be a handful that doesn't earn miles on AZ: https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/mille.../aeroflot.html
There is priority security,but only for domestic flights.
Old May 22, 2016, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was able to select seats on line despite being on a budget fare. E+ also showed on the website.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Reporting back

* checked in on line, BP showed status correctly
* the Y check in queue was horrific but J had just a few people. I was HBO so avoided it entirely!
* long queue for the pre-immigration BP check - however there was a separate signed counter for those with pre-printed BP which had no queue
* no priority at immigration or security as noted above
* no priority boarding offered or attempted at all

On board was a pleasant surprise. Friendly crew, comfortable seat with decent seat pitch, edible sandwich and several drinks runs during the flight to NCE. A better experience than LH or BA on similar length sectors. And we arrived early!!
Old May 1, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: DL Plat
thinking of flying rossiya as a dl platinum medallion. will i have departure lounges access? seems that priority check in is offered at least. if it helps the route is lgw-led
Old May 1, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by runningformqm
thinking of flying rossiya as a dl platinum medallion. will i have departure lounges access? seems that priority check in is offered at least. if it helps the route is lgw-led
For Skyteam purposes, FV=SU, so you will get your standard Elite Plus benefits and mileage.

To those travelling domestically, please keep in mind that in line with Skyteam Elite Plus lounge access policy, lounge access is only provided on the international flights and/or if you are connecting to/from an international Skyteam flight on the same day.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
For Skyteam purposes, FV=SU, so you will get your standard Elite Plus benefits and mileage.

To those travelling domestically, please keep in mind that in line with Skyteam Elite Plus lounge access policy, lounge access is only provided on the international flights and/or if you are connecting to/from an international Skyteam flight on the same day.
thanks!!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi

OMG, this means no matter how high your status is, there is no lounge access if you travel exclusively within Russia and rap up a huge amount of air miles by flying domestic long hauls, so what's the point of gaining status actually? It's ridiculous that there is no lounge access for the highest level of Elite Plus even for a long haul flight of over 4000 miles!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might get lounge access from SU as a SU elite flying SU. Some of the mainland Chinese carriers follow such rules.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might get lounge access from SU as a SU elite flying SU. Some of the mainland Chinese carriers follow such rules.
Appart from the US carriers, I believe most (if not all) Skyteam members allow lounge access on their own flights for their Elite Plus members. SU is no exception, their Gold and Platinum members get access when flying within Russia.

Luckily oneworld has no such rules and I can get the full benefits of RJ status (including lounge access on domestic flights) when flying S7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.