FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   Unable to process payment via credit card for S7 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1759341-unable-process-payment-via-credit-card-s7.html)

FlyIgglesFly Apr 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Unable to process payment via credit card for S7

Myself and a travel companion have both been having difficulty booking flights directly from S7 using US issued credit cards. The booking fails at the payment step and the credit card companies (Chase, Citi) don't register an attempt even having been made. anyone else have the issue or have any way around it?

Rami Tamimi Apr 14, 2016 3:35 pm

I never had an issue with booking on s7.ru

The only thing I can suggest is try booking from mobile version (m.s7.ru),or download their app.

FlyIgglesFly Apr 21, 2016 9:29 am

didn't work on the mobile site, and also had the same problem with Ural Airlines. I did notice that for Ural the payment processing went through Sberbank. If I'm not mistaken, they have some issues with the anti-Russia sanctions. That might be stopping it.

Workaround was to book via eDreams.

Rami Tamimi Apr 21, 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly (Post 26516488)
didn't work on the mobile site, and also had the same problem with Ural Airlines. I did notice that for Ural the payment processing went through Sberbank. If I'm not mistaken, they have some issues with the anti-Russia sanctions. That might be stopping it.

Workaround was to book via eDreams.

Thanks for reporting back.

Can't help much with Ural Airlines,but as an S7 regular,I would be happy to help if you have any questions regarding their flights e.t.c.

Regards
Rami

asnovici Apr 21, 2016 3:59 pm

It never works for me on their website, neither did it ever work for a friend of mine. All cards were US issued. I call their call center and it goes through just fine, it's something with their web payment.

hessbo Apr 22, 2016 4:02 am

No experience with S7. But on SU they offer to pay in many currencies including HKD. However the system only accepts EUR payments for my HKG based cards.
=> try changing the currency.

Yevgeniy Ivanov Apr 2, 2018 4:19 am

I am always having problem with S7 site. But, since this year they also stopped accepting cards over the phone. So, the only way to buy ticket is to use Expedia.

Yevgeniy Ivanov Apr 2, 2018 4:21 am

They stopped doing this since this year. It is no longer possible to buy a ticket over the phone on S7 - they send you to phone booking system that don't work from outside of Russia.

OpenSky Apr 3, 2018 8:41 pm

And S7 doesn't seem to be motivated to fix the problem, since they don't fly to the US. BTW, I have the same problem with PZD also ( Railways).
My solution is to ask my RU friends to pay for me, then I pay them back.

Alternatively, you can purchase S7 tickets via an on line travel agent, the fares should be the same, except for the intra Russia segments which require a RU POS.