Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot to Spain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Aeroflot to Spain

So since everyone here always is very knowledgeable I figured i'd ask here.

I have been using google flights to find the cheapest time to go to Spain and consistently find that Aeroflot comes up as the airline to use.

Admittedly, flying in general gives me anxiety but an airline that I have never heard of even more. Also, the part about the layover in Russia and the issue with Visas and being in transit area etc,

I like the price and just now googled pictures and it seems ok but would anybody book this trip? It actually is more flying becuase it seems to go MIA to russia then to spain but its significantly cheaper.

Just curious as to anyones experience on a long haul aeroflot and also the transitting part in the airport, will there be resturants etc??
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
Aeroflot is cheap because your journey will be quite long. In case of delays, cancellations or baggage loss, you will not receive any compensation.
SVO airport is alright. There are restaurants and you can pay by credit card.

I'd recommend to book your flight on a "EU carrier" (company headquartered in the European Union). That will maximise your chances of a "fair" treatment in case of delays/cancellations.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by miadukes
I have been using google flights to find the cheapest time to go to Spain and consistently find that Aeroflot comes up as the airline to use.
Aeroflot are cheap for many reasons , but cheap prices means .... lower quality of services (or sometimes expensive means also the same , but i hope you get the point).

If things get wrong, just be prepared for hell at least , and be cautious when you prepare your luggages. Otherwise if everything is ok , your flght will be the same as with any airlines

Admittedly, flying in general gives me anxiety but an airline that I have never heard of even more. Also, the part about the layover in Russia and the issue with Visas and being in transit area etc
As far as i know , unless you want to leave the airport , or stay more than 24 hours , you dont need visa. But please double check from different official sources before booking

I like the price and just now googled pictures and it seems ok but would anybody book this trip? It actually is more flying becuase it seems to go MIA to russia then to spain but its significantly cheaper.
Thats also why its cheaper because they want to catch more people and make them fly through moscow, but you are in flyertalk , a forum where people are not surprised to see this kind of plans.

For example , its sometimes cheaper for me to fly from amsterdam to sao paulo or dominican republic with delta airlines (and 2 layovers in USA) , rather than a direct flight with KLM

Just curious as to anyones experience on a long haul aeroflot and also the transitting part in the airport, will there be resturants etc??
There there are restaurants in SVO , its a normal airport, like many around the world , not the best , not the worst .

If you want more feedback , please check flight-report.com

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 31, 2016 at 5:55 pm
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Thanks to both of you. I am not entirely convinced on aeroflot but keep seeing it pop up repeatedly during my flight searches and wanted more info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.