NEW:S7 Airport Upgrade

Old Feb 21, 16, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Emerald
NEW:S7 Airport Upgrade

As of 18FEB16, S7 offers an option to upgrade to J for cash.

A few facts:
-Miles as per original ticketed class;
-No lounge access (unless OWS/OWE);
-No extra baggage allowance;
-Available (not earlier than 3 hours before departure);
-No restrictions on class/ticketing stock (eg:award ticket on BA 125 stock is eligible;
-A passenger will have to ask at for an upgrade at the check in counter and he/she will be advised if there is availability,they then have to make their way to the ticket office (located just opposite the S7 counters at DME and pay the upgrade price and then return to the check in counter,where they will be handed a boarding pass issued into "U" сlass (same bucket used for business class redemptions);
-UPD 12APR2016:

S7 has now rolled out the AUP (airport upgrade scheme) system wide. All flights are divided into 4 categories/zones,with cheapest upgrades being in Zone 1 (4000RUB) and most expensive ones in zone 4 (10,000RUB). While these upgrades don't yield lounge access (unless OWE/OWS),extra mielage,or baggage allowance I find most of them do be very good value.

At the moment you can still only buy them at the departing airport (ie:can't buy OVB-HKG upgrade at DME) and they are not available online.

UPD:29JAN17

S7 now allows to purchase Airport Upgrades during OLCI (opens 30 hours prior to check in). The price and conditions are the same as if you bought them in the airport.

Zone 1:4000RUB

Moscow DME to:KBP (flights suspended);GOJ;VOZ;NBC;SVX;STW;LED

Novosibirsk OVB to:UKK

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk UUS to:KHV;VVO

Zone 2:6000RUB
Moscow DME to:ODS (flights suspended); KIV; KGD;AER;KUF;ROV;VOG; OGZ; ASF;MRV;SIP;PEE;CEK;KZN;UFA;AAQ;KRR.

Novosibirsk OVB to:FRU;OSS;TAS;URC;FEG;LBD;CIT;ALA;DYU.

Vladivostok VVO to:ICN;TYO;PEK;PKC;IKT.

Khabarovsk KHV to:TYO;PEK;PKC.

Chelyabinsk CEK to:LBD.

Irkustsk IKT to:ICN;PEK;VVO.

Ulan Ude UUD to:PEK.

Salekhard SLY to:TJM.

Zone 3 8000RUB
Moscow DME to:ASB;GYD;BUS;KUT;BOJ;VAR;GOA; DBV;DUS;FRA; MUC; EVN; INN;TJU;LCA; OSS;PWQ;PFO;PDV;PUY;SPU; TBS;TIV;UGC; UKK;PLX;LBD; FEG; ATH;SKG;NAP;SZG;TXL;RHO;DMB;RGK;NJC;TJM;BAX;SLY;TO F;NSK;NYM;OMS;NOZ;OVB;NUX;KEJ.

Novosibirsk OVB to:PEK;GYD;EVN;PVG;AAQ;SGC; UUD;MJZ;KRR;NSK; BQS; KHV;SIP;UFA;HTA;AER;VVO;KUF;IKT;MRV;GDX;UUS;PKC.

Irkutsk IKT to:YKS;GDX

Surgut SGC to:UFA;KUF

Yakutsk YKS to:PEK

Krasnoyarsk KJA to:PEK

Vladivostok VVO to:HKG

Zone 4 10,000RUB
Moscow DME to:ALC;MAD;AGP;IBZ;PMI;VLC;DUB;IKT;KJA;YKS; ABA;BTK; HTA; UUD

Novosibirsk OVB to:MUC;PRG:FRA;BKK;HKT;ICN;HKG;DXB;BOJ;

Irkutsk IKT to:HKG;BKK

Krasnoyarsk KJA to:BKK

Vladivostok VVO to:BKK

NOT OFFERED Moscow DME to:VRN

I will update the thread once more details become avialble.

Regards
Rami

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; Jan 29, 17 at 9:03 am
Old Mar 7, 16, 11:01 am

Is it possible to upgrade in transit?
And what would be price for flight DME-DXB?
Old Mar 7, 16, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MBlv View Post
Is it possible to upgrade in transit?
And what would be price for flight DME-DXB?
S7 does not fly DME-DXB.

You can ask the transit counter whether there is availability,but payment would have to be made at the airport ticket office,since transit/check in desks have no authority to accept payments.
Old Mar 10, 16, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
S7 does not fly DME-DXB.

You can ask the transit counter whether there is availability,but payment would have to be made at the airport ticket office,since transit/check in desks have no authority to accept payments.
Yes, you where right! Flight from SVO
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

UPD: S7 has now rolled out the AUP (airport upgrade scheme) system wide. All flights are divided into 4 categories/zones,with cheapest upgrades being in Zone 1 (4000RUB) and most expensive ones in zone 4 (10,000RUB). While these upgrades don't yield lounge access (unless OWE/OWS),extra mielage,or baggage allowance I find most of them do be very good value.

At the moment you can still only buy them at the departing airport (ie:can't buy OVB-HKG upgrade at DME) and they are not available online.

S7 now allows to purchase Airport Upgrades during OLCI (opens 30 hours prior to check in). The price and conditions are the same as if you bought them in the airport.

Zone 1:4000RUB

Moscow DME to:KBP (flights suspended);GOJ;VOZ;NBC;SVX;STW;LED

Novosibirsk OVB to:UKK

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk UUS to:KHV;VVO

Zone 2:6000RUB
Moscow DME to:ODS (flights suspended); KIV; KGD;AER;KUF;ROV;VOG; OGZ; ASF;MRV;SIP;PEE;CEK;KZN;UFA;AAQ;KRR.

Novosibirsk OVB to:FRU;OSS;TAS;URC;FEG;LBD;CIT;ALA;DYU.

Vladivostok VVO to:ICN;TYO;PEK;PKC;IKT.

Khabarovsk KHV to:TYO;PEK;PKC.

Chelyabinsk CEK to:LBD.

Irkustsk IKT to:ICN;PEK;VVO.

Ulan Ude UUD to:PEK.

Salekhard SLY to:TJM.

Zone 3 8000RUB
Moscow DME to:ASB;GYD;BUS;KUT;BOJ;VAR;GOA; DBV;DUS;FRA; MUC; EVN; INN;TJU;LCA; OSS;PWQ;PFO;PDV;PUY;SPU; TBS;TIV;UGC; UKK;PLX;LBD; FEG; ATH;SKG;NAP;SZG;TXL;RHO;DMB;RGK;NJC;TJM;BAX;SLY;TO F;NSK;NYM;OMS;NOZ;OVB;NUX;KEJ.

Novosibirsk OVB to:PEK;GYD;EVN;PVG;AAQ;SGC; UUD;MJZ;KRR;NSK; BQS; KHV;SIP;UFA;HTA;AER;VVO;KUF;IKT;MRV;GDX;UUS;PKC.

Irkutsk IKT to:YKS;GDX

Surgut SGC to:UFA;KUF

Yakutsk YKS to:PEK

Krasnoyarsk KJA to:PEK

Vladivostok VVO to:HKG

Zone 4 10,000RUB
Moscow DME to:ALC;MAD;AGP;IBZ;PMI;VLC;DUB;IKT;KJA;YKS; ABA;BTK; HTA; UUD

Novosibirsk OVB to:MUC;PRG:FRA;BKK;HKT;ICN;HKG;DXB;BOJ;

Irkutsk IKT to:HKG;BKK

Krasnoyarsk KJA to:BKK

Vladivostok VVO to:BKK

NOT OFFERED Moscow DME to:VRN

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; Jan 29, 17 at 9:02 am
Old Apr 14, 16, 11:08 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by MBlv View Post
Yes, you where right! Flight from SVO
S7 does not even operate from SVO. I think you'll find you are flying on SU (Aeroflot).
Old Apr 14, 16, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux View Post
S7 does not even operate from SVO. I think you'll find you are flying on SU (Aeroflot).
I initially thought he was asking about upgrading on DME-OVB-DXB on S7,hence my answer about transit.
Old May 2, 16, 11:34 pm

Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
I can see this working in OVB, but elsewhere in the RF, this might be a problem.

Where do you request this?

In some airports the airline all operate shared check in desks / terminals.

For example, in Irkutsk ( IKT) all Business Class passengers check in at the Business Class desk, which also handles Aeroflot etc. The employee at the desk is ( I believe) an airport employee. Her computer terminal can access S7, SU, etc, even UN ( back in the day) and check a pax in and take luggage.

And not every station has an open S7 ticket office open during departure times. I'm thinking of VVO for example, where half the airport is dead, with the lights turned off.
Old May 3, 16, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
I can see this working in OVB, but elsewhere in the RF, this might be a problem.

Where do you request this?

In some airports the airline all operate shared check in desks / terminals.

For example, in Irkutsk ( IKT) all Business Class passengers check in at the Business Class desk, which also handles Aeroflot etc. The employee at the desk is ( I believe) an airport employee. Her computer terminal can access S7, SU, etc, even UN ( back in the day) and check a pax in and take luggage.

And not every station has an open S7 ticket office open during departure times. I'm thinking of VVO for example, where half the airport is dead, with the lights turned off.
In the same way they charge for excess baggage.
Old Jan 29, 17, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Old Oct 22, 17, 5:38 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks Rami for your reply in the S7 is continuing to slipthread, this is most interesting. The service looks pretty good for the MUC-DME flight, but I'm not sure an upgrade is worth it actually. Not having lounge access or extra miles is a pretty big downer. It might, oddly, be worth trying an upgrade on the shorter (and cheaper) DME-KUF flight, which is Zone 2. If they serve some decent food it will be good because I will arrive at KUF at 22h00, therefore after dinner time. Ideally, an overall price at OLCI giving an upgrade over both segments would be the best solution.

I bought a flex economy one way fare for MUC-DME-KUF which I thought was a pretty good deal at around RUB10,000. The option of a refundable ticket and free changes usually comes at a much more hefty price, but you probably have to pay the difference in fare if you change to a more expensive flight.

For the fare classes, I was wondering what how many TPs I would get at BAEC on the flex economy fare.
Old Oct 22, 17, 11:53 pm

Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Interesting ( though not surprising) domestic Russia is cheaper than international flights of shorter length.

Presumably S7 will create another zone, for the OVB-NRT flights ( starting next year?). 7 hours on an A320 anyone?
Old Oct 23, 17, 5:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But in my case I don't think my flight from DME to KUF is shorter than MUC to DME, although I am sure there are examples of what you suggest being the case. I am still reluctant to throw money, however little (and RUB is not that little), to upgrade to a product that does not offer lounge access or extra miles. Furthermore, I notice that Business Basic fares from MUC via DME to KUF are pricing at RUB40,000 and they come with they caveat of no lounge access, according to the website.
Old Oct 23, 17, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
Interesting ( though not surprising) domestic Russia is cheaper than international flights of shorter length.

Presumably S7 will create another zone, for the OVB-NRT flights ( starting next year?). 7 hours on an A320 anyone?
I don't think so because OVB-NRT is not their longest flight and there is (yet) no Zone 5. I don't think the price diffirence between the intertnational and domestic flights of the same distance... as you know it's all about demand and purchasing power of the pax, rather than the actual cost base in the airline industry.

7 hours on A320? I do DME-OVB-HKG (OVB-HKG is actually only 400km longer than OVB-NRT) and I don't find it less comfortable than flying widebody...but then again, I am talking about Y... I agree in J it would be much nicer to fly a widebody...prefferably with lie-flat beds.
Old Oct 23, 17, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
But in my case I don't think my flight from DME to KUF is shorter than MUC to DME, although I am sure there are examples of what you suggest being the case. I am still reluctant to throw money, however little (and RUB is not that little), to upgrade to a product that does not offer lounge access or extra miles. Furthermore, I notice that Business Basic fares from MUC via DME to KUF are pricing at RUB40,000 and they come with they caveat of no lounge access, according to the website.
That's true, you have to buy the Business Flex fare to access the lounge...unless of course you are oneworld Sapphire/Emerald member (this is also true for POUGs).

The service in j Is pretty similar on both flights (think Band 3-4 in Club Europe). I think the only difference is that the amenity kit is a bit more basic on the KUF sector.

Search this Thread