S7 New fare concept

Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
I newly purchased a ticket of “Basic Economy” which doesn’t allow checkin luggage and seat selection.
However, I am an elite status with JAL, a one world Sapphire member.
In this case, do they allow me a checkin luggage up to 23kg, airport lounge access and seat selection.. ?
Await your kind advice, thanks in advance.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by kazuwox
I newly purchased a ticket of “Basic Economy” which doesn’t allow checkin luggage and seat selection.
However, I am an elite status with JAL, a one world Sapphire member.
In this case, do they allow me a checkin luggage up to 23kg, airport lounge access and seat selection.. ?
Await your kind advice, thanks in advance.
Yes, you get a 23KG allowance, lounge access for you and for your guest, priority check-in & boarding and security (depends on the airport). Seat selection will be available during OLCI, or if you call or email [email protected] and this includes the seats in the emergency exit/bulkhead rows.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
Great thanks Rami Tamimi,
I made a phone call to S7 customer desk and got an impression that the operator was rather not very confident, then I was feeling irritated. Now that my anxiety has gone, the flight should be a lot more pleasant as originally planned
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:20 am

Update:
[email protected] gave me a reply saying that as an elite member of OneWorld alliance I was allowed 1pcs of 23kg of luggage, and seat assignment of larger space seat 3c. Good to possess a Sapphire status..!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Bumping an old, but quite relevant thread

I booked a domestic flight on S7. But could not pick my seat for free, the system did not recognise my Emerald status. Dropped an email to [email protected] 25 minutes later I got an email asking what seats I wanted, and another 10 minutes later I was assigned 1C in both directions

That is very efficient customer service, colour me impressed.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Bumping an old, but quite relevant thread

I booked a domestic flight on S7. But could not pick my seat for free, the system did not recognise my Emerald status. Dropped an email to [email protected] 25 minutes later I got an email asking what seats I wanted, and another 10 minutes later I was assigned 1C in both directions

That is very efficient customer service, colour me impressed.
The system does not check status at the booking stage, so you either have to wait for OLCI (when elites can select any seats for free), or write to/call S7 like you did.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
The system does not check status at the booking stage, so you either have to wait for OLCI (when elites can select any seats for free), or write to/call S7 like you did.
If you don't want to contact S7, you can also pick your seat online if you manage your Amadeus PNR on the MH website.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
S7 newbie here. I need to book flights HEL-TBS where first leg is with AY. Do they reserve seat for this and connections via email as Im AY gold/OWS? And how do they credit miles and segments to my AY plus? Theres no field for that while making booking though.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by emulator
S7 newbie here. I need to book flights HEL-TBS where first leg is with AY. Do they reserve seat for this and connections via email as Im AY gold/OWS? And how do they credit miles and segments to my AY plus? Theres no field for that while making booking though.
The option to enter the frequent flyer number comes quite late in the flow. After the option to select seats. Your OW status will not have an effect on the online seat selection options. To get your status benefits, you'd need to contact (email is super efficient) S7 afterwards.

Is your AY leg S7 or AY coded?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The option to enter the frequent flyer number comes quite late in the flow. After the option to select seats. Your OW status will not have an effect on the online seat selection options. To get your status benefits, you'd need to contact (email is super efficient) S7 afterwards.

Is your AY leg S7 or AY coded?

Ok so i need to pay first to proceed further in booking for FF number and seats? Yes the first leg HEL-LED is AY coded and I also need to book position flight TKU-HEL since S7 cannot do that, maybe because of Norra?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emulator

Ok so i need to pay first to proceed further in booking for FF number and seats? Yes the first leg HEL-LED is AY coded and I also need to book position flight TKU-HEL since S7 cannot do that, maybe because of Norra?
It is before payment, but after you pass seat selection. You can assign seats online, but only standard seats (if your booking class allows seat reservations). To get preferred seats for free, you should email the S7 premium services.
The AY coded flight you should be able to assign seats for on AY's homepage, if all else fails.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Actually, I just purchased an AMM-DME-LED ticket and managed to book 1C on A319 on the RJ website. This was not possible before.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, I just purchased an AMM-DME-LED ticket and managed to book 1C on A319 on the RJ website. This was not possible before.
That's good to know..
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Does not work with purely S7 itienaries.... but I am really impressed that there is an option to pay for S7 ASR on the RJ website.

I wrote an email to S7 and they replied in 11 minutes today.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Does not work with purely S7 itienaries.... but I am really impressed that there is an option to pay for S7 ASR on the RJ website.

I wrote an email to S7 and they replied in 11 minutes today.
The MH website works for S7 only itineraries...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.