Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot not automatically processing DL card specified at booking time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, SPG Plat

I recently had a strange experience with earning Delta SkyMiles on Aeroflot. I flew ZRH-SVO-ZRH, and while booking the ticket I entered my SkyMiles number.

When flying ZRH-SVO segment, I checked in in the airport (Aeroflot has no web checkin in ZRH), and my SkyMiles number was printed on the boarding pass (in DL1234567890 format), but despite having silver status, nothing like "ELITE" was printed anywhere. Nor have I received any of the normal benefits like priority luggage tag or a personal greeting on board (but I haven't payed much attention to it). Then on the way back I had checked in online, but I had to reenter my DL number. Then boarding pass had "ELITE" in it, and then everything else was how it was supposed to be.

Now a week later I realised I have only got miles for the second flight. I have double-checked that:
  • The fare of the first flight is eligible for miles accrual
  • The SkyMiles membership number in the reservation is correct
I've sent request to SkyMiles support about that, hopefully they should be able to credit miles without sending everything to them by post, but the lesson learned is that Aeroflot reservation system is probably a bit buggy and doesn't properly handle partner cards entered at booking.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dlougach
I recently had a strange experience with earning Delta SkyMiles on Aeroflot. I flew ZRH-SVO-ZRH, and while booking the ticket I entered my SkyMiles number.

When flying ZRH-SVO segment, I checked in in the airport (Aeroflot has no web checkin in ZRH), and my SkyMiles number was printed on the boarding pass (in DL1234567890 format), but despite having silver status, nothing like "ELITE" was printed anywhere. Nor have I received any of the normal benefits like priority luggage tag or a personal greeting on board (but I haven't payed much attention to it). Then on the way back I had checked in online, but I had to reenter my DL number. Then boarding pass had "ELITE" in it, and then everything else was how it was supposed to be.

Now a week later I realised I have only got miles for the second flight. I have double-checked that:
  • The fare of the first flight is eligible for miles accrual
  • The SkyMiles membership number in the reservation is correct
I've sent request to SkyMiles support about that, hopefully they should be able to credit miles without sending everything to them by post, but the lesson learned is that Aeroflot reservation system is probably a bit buggy and doesn't properly handle partner cards entered at booking.
This is the norm for me. I take pictures of all my SU boarding passes when I get them and then keep the torn off part post flight as well. I always fax them to Delta post trip and ask for what I call a "retro-credit." It takes a few days but they almost always credit it to me. 404 715 9220 is the fax number I use. Report back how it goes if you try it...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by woody125
This is the norm for me. I take pictures of all my SU boarding passes when I get them and then keep the torn off part post flight as well. I always fax them to Delta post trip and ask for what I call a "retro-credit." It takes a few days but they almost always credit it to me. 404 715 9220 is the fax number I use. Report back how it goes if you try it...
I have the same problem getting my miles credited, only with a much slower response time. Of course, as I don't have a fax machine at home or at work. I have to mail in copies of everything. PITA.

O/H
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
I have the same problem getting my miles credited, only with a much slower response time. Of course, as I don't have a fax machine at home or at work. I have to mail in copies of everything. PITA.

O/H
myfax.com might speed up the process a bit.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:19 pm

Hint : Delta does't like Aeroflot and vice versa. The feeling is mutual.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:32 pm
DNA

Programs: BAEC
When I flew BOS-JFK-SVO-IKT couple years ago, Aeroflot agents at JFK did not like the boarding pass that Delta printed for me in BOS. They printed their own BP, and somehow my Delta Skymiles number got lost in the process. The miles for JFK-SVO-IKT-SVO-JFK legs ended up in my Aeroflot account. I contacted Delta, explained the situation, and they credited my Skymiles account. Got 2x miles in the end.

Aeroflot has cr@ppy expiration rules (but reasonably goo redemption rates) for miles, so I redeemed those for a hotel stay in LA shortly thereafter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.