Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot's new 77W safety video

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Aeroflot's new 77W safety video

Discuss. The first 40 seconds perhaps are totally unnecessary.

Also in keeping up with patriotism, English subtitles, not spoken English used.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Interesting but not surprising really. Russia is about as sensual a country as there is as far as advertising regardless of whether its airlines or ice cream.

The real gall of this video is that you never, ever see a flight crew walking in SVO with the unwashed masses. They always sneak the crew in from some mid-level netherworld we are not allowed to visit.

The lack of spoken English is really interesting. Russia is all in on Russia these days for sure.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by woody125
Interesting but not surprising really. Russia is about as sensual a country as there is as far as advertising regardless of whether its airlines or ice cream.
Ha ha. Vera ( the flight attendant / stewardess ) in the video is mild. Aeroflot distributed a special 2014 calendar to Bonus Prime customers last year. I got to take a look at it. Lets just say its for adults.

While Vera is very attractive (if she is even real, I hope to run into her on my next SU flight), the guys in the video are not good looking. Can we please have better looking guys in your videos Aeroflot?. Do you need me to fly to Moscow to personally select them?

Sensual is putting it mildly. I am sometimes given a special parting gift when I fly SU in Business. The last one I remember getting was a special box of Japanese green tea, in an black aeroflot box, with a very flirtatious speech from the ladies that they hope that I will fly Aeroflot again in the future. . I'm a total sucker for such treats.

I don't have any SU flights scheduled as my travel to Russia has slowed down to nothing, but I hope that for all the patriotism overload in Russia now , the cabin announcements are still done in English.

Last edited by meFIRST; Jul 25, 2014 at 9:46 pm
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Woody, I think you will find your answer in the video "one day with aeroflot stewardess" Maria Fedorova.

They just bussed to the plane from the crew center.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: BA, VS, SU
I was on SU220 last Saturday and didn't think anything of it.

Cabin announcements were in Russian first, then dreadful/incomprehensible English and finally Mandarin.

PS. There was only one hot flight attendant but she was on the other side - mine was at best 5/10 lol.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by meFIRST
While Vera is very attractive (if she is even real, I hope to run into her on my next SU flight), the guys in the video are not good looking. Can we please have better looking guys in your videos Aeroflot?. Do you need me to fly to Moscow to personally select them?

Sensual is putting it mildly. I am sometimes given a special parting gift when I fly SU in Business. The last one I remember getting was a special box of Japanese green tea, in an black aeroflot box, with a very flirtatious speech from the ladies that they hope that I will fly Aeroflot again in the future. . I'm a total sucker for such treats.
My brother commented after his 3rd or 4th trip to Russia, "ok, I've held this as long as I can. How do guys who look like that end up with girls who look like that?" I told him I've been trying to answer that question for nearly 25 years myself.

I got that Japanese tea on my last Business Class flight as well. I thought it was pretty snazzy. Brought it home and gave it to my wife who is a tea junkie. She decided the best thing about it was indeed the packaging. The tea was...meh. I still like shiny things given to me in Business Class though. I'm a fellow sucker!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:29 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
My brother commented after his 3rd or 4th trip to Russia, "ok, I've held this as long as I can. How do guys who look like that end up with girls who look like that?" I told him I've been trying to answer that question for nearly 25 years myself.
I don't want to sound too banal, but... Money?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Quote:

I got that Japanese tea on my last Business Class flight as well. I thought it was pretty snazzy. Brought it home and gave it to my wife who is a tea junkie. She decided the best thing about it was indeed the packaging. The tea was...meh. I still like shiny things given to me in Business Class though. I'm a fellow sucker!
The tea was weak as I recall . The packaging was indeed beautiful , but you are missing the point as to the best part. The best part was the personalized speech that came with the gift . Did you get it without the speech?

It was beyond flirtatious. A part of my reptilian brain was sure that I was going home with the Aeroflot girl as soon as we landed at SVO. Alas, as soon as we landed she disappeared . Gone .

I don't really swing that way, ( nice to look at yes but no desire ) ...these girls take seducing business class passengers to a whole new level , all while keeping it professional .

What ever it is it worked : I ended up buying more tickets
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
While Vera is very attractive (if she is even real, I hope to run into her on my next SU flight).
The main problem with her is that she's dubbed over by another professional actress. Is her real voice so ugly?
Old May 10, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold Flying Blue Platinum SPG Ambassdore
Watch the air France videos it's the same.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:02 pm

Can we please have better looking guys in your videos Aeroflot?. Do you need me to fly to Moscow to personally select them?
Maybe someday. In the meantime, get to know Qatar Airways.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: SU
... How do guys who look like that end up with girls who look like that?" I told him I've been trying to answer that question for nearly 25 years myself.
After living here for 2 years I know the answer. Money is partially right. But, you will hear a lot of different answers.... alcohol.... men with no job.... WWII.... and the list goes on. It's common for an older Russian man to have a "girlfriend". Don't get a Russian woman started on the ladies who work in the Duma.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:25 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
About as useful as Richard Anderson's old DL introduction (in all its grammatical horror).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Discuss. The first 40 seconds perhaps are totally unnecessary.

Also in keeping up with patriotism, English subtitles, not spoken English used.
I found the first 40 seconds to be flirtatious and fun, and reminds me, before take off, that Russia (and the other FSU countries) understand that men and women are different from and complementary to each other, and which are not sterile, poisoned cultures in which People Who Don't Have Sex get to make up rules for People Who Do Have Sex.

Originally Posted by lochniss
After living here for 2 years I know the answer. Money is partially right. But, you will hear a lot of different answers.... alcohol.... men with no job.... WWII.... and the list goes on. It's common for an older Russian man to have a "girlfriend". Don't get a Russian woman started on the ladies who work in the Duma.
Money, stability. If the guy is western, it's because he doesn't slap her around and picks up his own socks off of the floor.

At this point, WWII is way long gone as a reason, other than the echo effect of granny telling Sveta and Olga to take care of Sergei and Nikolai, b/c if they don't, someone else will.....

O/H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.