Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying Aeroflot - which ffp to credit the miles to ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hi Folks,

I maybe needing to fly Aeroflot in the near future as it has the most decent duration and price on the Delhi - Moscow sector.

I am not a member of Skyteam nor Aeroflot's Bonus ffp. Will usually be having 3-4 return flights in Economy between India - Russia , so while its not a lot, I would ideally like to credit these somewhere where I can make use these to redeem for flight awards with decent award availability and hopefully minimal fuel surcharge ..

Which ffp would you suggest for someone travelling on this route ( India - Russia) and based in India mostly..

Cheers,
A
Old May 13, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Start with checking the fare class - the cheapest earn 25% or even zero on most other (non-AeroflotBonus) FFPs
Old May 13, 2014, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Temedar
Start with checking the fare class - the cheapest earn 25% or even zero on most other (non-AeroflotBonus) FFPs
Thanks for the prompt reply..
While I will do that, which is the general favoured ST ffp to credit to while flying SU in general opinion ?
Old May 15, 2014, 6:45 pm

This depends on your travel patterns. I personally credit to SU's own program.
IMHO, Delta SkyPesos should be avoided ( perhaps the most worthless of all programs)

I credit internal US flights to SU and don't have a Delta account.

I used to deposit this to AF/KLM.
Old May 17, 2014, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meFIRST
This depends on your travel patterns. I personally credit to SU's own program.
IMHO, Delta SkyPesos should be avoided ( perhaps the most worthless of all programs)

I credit internal US flights to SU and don't have a Delta account.

I used to deposit this to AF/KLM.
ok.. so in your view SU's ffp is a decent one based on your experience since you also credit other US airline's flight to it.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:15 am

Flew Business Class last summer (JFK-SVO-LED) on a published business class fare that was cheap, but published on Aeroflot's website (around $2300 r/t with stopover). Didn't get any miles on Delta!

Granted it was a cheap fare for business class, but it was a published fare in business class and nothing! Delta FF is worthless.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I have historically used AF/KLM, as the best of a bad lot. I think AF and DL (and possibly others) have unified the earnings tables, so one must be resigned to earning relatively few miles--the question is how one can best spend those miles. For me, AF has historically offered the best options, largely because they [historically] had relatively reasonable redemption rates, Promo Awards and are liberal with 1W awards. YMMV.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html
What airlines does Aeroflot have as freq flyer partners? Usually this is reciprocal

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 24, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.