Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Experience with Aeroflot? Good, Bad and Ugly

Experience with Aeroflot? Good, Bad and Ugly

Old Nov 29, 19, 4:52 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have been stuffed by that stupid X-class at least 3 times in the last 18 months. And, no, there is no way they can modify the ticket into a next class. You have to cancel it (within 24 hours) and start again, only to find that the class on another part of the ticket is no longer available. And if you booked it on the German site (departures from Germany are automatically directed through the German site which means they are ticketed in Germany) and you haven't got it sorted before 20h00 German time, you're stuffed because the German office is closed. In short, it's a ridiculous hassle.
Old Dec 4, 19, 2:05 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
...If you fly from a foreign country to a city in russia other than MOW or LED then your only choice to have everything under one booking will most likely be aeroflot...
Just picking up on this comment. Is this the case? I was under the impression from the endless boarding announcements at SVO terminal B that AF/KL code shared on many Russian domestic flights (eg Kazan, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Samara,...) Much to my frustration, they don't code share to the city I need most (Izhevsk) despite 2-3 SU rotations daily since October last year. I would be interested to see how many Russian cities with SU direct flights from SVO have and don't have AF/KL code shares.
Old Dec 4, 19, 2:27 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by TSE View Post
Just picking up on this comment. Is this the case?
Yes , of course

I was under the impression from the endless boarding announcements at SVO terminal B that AF/KL code shared on many Russian domestic flights (eg Kazan, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Samara,...)
Even if they are code shared , who operates those domestic flights ???

Also keep in mind that prices will be way too high and not worth so much money for 2xp , so better to book directly with aeroflot

So , as i stated , if you want to have everything under 1 booking to fly to Russia your only choice will most likely be aeroflot

Much to my frustration, they don't code share to the city I need most (Izhevsk) despite 2-3 SU rotations daily since October last year.
Again , not worth the price . Whats the difference for you ??

I would be interested to see how many Russian cities with SU direct flights from SVO have and don't have AF/KL code shares.
google , flightstats and flight radar are your best friends for a start

Check the FIDS while in SVO and pay attention to code shares , also you can see such infos on some airports websites

Compare with the network map of domestic SU flights and then you will have an idea
Old Dec 4, 19, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I have been stuffed by that stupid X-class at least 3 times in the last 18 months
Whats the problem with it ? doesnt give you anything in FB ? but did you book from SU or AFKL ? this X apply in which case ?
Old Dec 4, 19, 3:26 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF
...Again , not worth the price . Whats the difference for you ??...
So I just checked London-Kazan return for random dates in January. Booking with KLM (LHR-AMS-SVO-KZN) is GBP271. SU is GBP341 with the single connection in SVO. Flying Blue is more suited to my other travelling needs so booking with KL for 10 extra XP in this case could make sense.

As SU doesn't currently codeshare to Izhevsk, booking with SU is the only single-booking option available but for the same random dates LHR-SVO-IJK is GBP382 as opposed to GBP299 booking LHR-AMS/CDG-SVO and SVO-IJK separately. Were a code share to be established, I would expect the fare to be similar to the Kazan one and the connection in Moscow would be protected.
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:24 am

So I just checked London-Kazan return for random dates in January. Booking with KLM (LHR-AMS-SVO-KZN) is GBP271. SU is GBP341 with the single connection in SVO. Flying Blue is more suited to my other travelling needs so booking with KL for 10 extra XP in this case could make sense.

As SU doesn't currently codeshare to Izhevsk, booking with SU is the only single-booking option available but for the same random dates LHR-SVO-IJK is GBP382 as opposed to GBP299 booking LHR-AMS/CDG-SVO and SVO-IJK separately. Were a code share to be established, I would expect the fare to be similar to the Kazan one and the connection in Moscow would be protected.
ok , so it seems you found a nice spot , in fact i checked and KL prices + extra 10XP sounds nice , thanks !

In my cases , from various airports , SU flighs to domestic airports are 50% more expensive than "neighbour" foreign cities.
Old Yesterday, 5:05 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Whats the problem with it ? doesnt give you anything in FB ? but did you book from SU or AFKL ? this X apply in which case ?
The problem with it is that X-class doesn't earn anything for flyers from another FFP. So on AF KL if I book X-class you can only get miles and segments on FB. I am sometimes booking for other people (who are not members of FB), that's why X-class has been annoying. My my X-class comments were a bit OT because they were about AF KL, which is where I've had the problems.

Search this Thread