Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot to fly to Almaty?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Aeroflot to fly to Almaty?

I saw a strange bit of news today http://yznaem.info/aeroflot-and-air-...-fly-together/ published on Feb 6 2012 that Aeroflot will start flights to ALA and is doing a code-share with Air Kazakhstan.

This is strange because Air Kazakhstan doesn’t exist. But I would be very happy to hear that SU is flying to ALA now, as I fly there quite often and there is no skyteam choice on this route. It was always strange to me that only Transaero had rights and not Aeroflot.

I looked for any evidence to support this news, but I couldnt find anything on the Aeroflot site and there are no such flights in the res system. Maybe somebody else has heard something?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
SU does not fly to Almaty and (as far as I know) has not announced any plans to fly there. Aeroflot is not known for putting up surprise new routes - usually they are announced months in advance (and sometimes do not materialize).

If nothing has changed recently, only one airline from each country has the rights on Moscow-Almaty and Moscow-Astana routes. On both the airlines are Transaero and Air Astana.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
The way I understand the situation, SU have been fighting for years to gain access to this very profitable market. No luck so far

(Although they did manage to shoulder their way into what used to be another UN's monopoly, flights between Russia and Israel. So Kazakhstan may be next.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.