Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delay compensations by Aeroflot?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Delay compensations by Aeroflot?

My flight was delayed by 6 hours 26 of december, due to problems in Sheremetjevo Airport. Furter my baggage was delayed by 3 days. What compensation can I claim from Aeroflot?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 5:46 pm

Were you flying to or from Russia? If you were flying to Russia was your point of departure in the EU?

EU Compensation rules apply to non-EU airlines only for flights that depart from the EU.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cinderellanj
My flight was delayed by 6 hours 26 of december, due to problems in Sheremetjevo Airport. Furter my baggage was delayed by 3 days. What compensation can I claim from Aeroflot?
If you write a letter detailing what happened and if you include as many supporting documents and details as possible and if you are willing to wait a good long while for a response then you might get some miles into your Bonus account or a $150 voucher or so. That's all I've ever gotten in situations like these. Write, be specific about what you would like and then wait.

If you don't write them I promise you'll get nothing.

Good luck and do report back on this forum what the result is. Look back some old posts and you'll see it took them 13 months to make right an $850 mistake in my favor. As always, YMMV...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Hello
I was flying from Brussels to Moscow. Lot s of people were stuck in the airport the last week of December. This delay was due to mismanagement of Sheremetjevo, that was left without antifreesing liquid in Winter. Of all countries! The airport authorities promised in a TV announcement to refund a ticket kost. But as I am located in Belgium, I do not see how I can get this compensation. All I have - is Aeroflot in Burssels...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Write to Aeroflot through their email addresses listed on their website. Don't really expect anything (or anything to be done efficiently), I've been waiting almost 12 months now for 'compensation' for delayed baggage and I've only gotten a few measy miles despite being SU Gold.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:44 am

Hello guys,
i am summoning this thread. - I dont like creating dupes.

I have a question regarding compensations from Aeroflot for delays.

My original ticket was
1. OCT 2015
11:35 KBP > 13:05 SVO (SU1805)
15:00 SVO >16:50 PRG (SU2014)

But my SVO > PRG leg was cancelled, because SU1805 was delayed one hour.
Therefore its arrival to SVO was at 14:05 (minimum connection time at SVO is 60 min)
Aeroflot booked us 18:05 SVO >19:50 PRG (SU2016)

Am i entitled for compensation? I arrived to PRG 3 hours late.

PS: I have chosen this routing only because of Sukhoi SuperJet 100 operating SU1805, i would have chosen Ukraine International and its direct flight KBP>PRG otherwise. It was worth it :P
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I dont think so, i had same issue but three hours more is not that much.

Three hours between two flights is a minimum with su in svo, in order to avoid troubles.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by deekey
Hello guys,
i am summoning this thread. - I dont like creating dupes.

I have a question regarding compensations from Aeroflot for delays.

My original ticket was
1. OCT 2015
11:35 KBP > 13:05 SVO (SU1805)
15:00 SVO >16:50 PRG (SU2014)

But my SVO > PRG leg was cancelled, because SU1805 was delayed one hour.
Therefore its arrival to SVO was at 14:05 (minimum connection time at SVO is 60 min)
Aeroflot booked us 18:05 SVO >19:50 PRG (SU2016)

Am i entitled for compensation? I arrived to PRG 3 hours late.

PS: I have chosen this routing only because of Sukhoi SuperJet 100 operating SU1805, i would have chosen Ukraine International and its direct flight KBP>PRG otherwise. It was worth it :P
I was on that flight on 1OCT that was late getting into KBP actually. All flights from SVO to KBP were delayed 2-3 hours on that day which means all return flights were delayed the same going back. I was on the last flight back to SVO that night which ended up not leaving till very late. The 17.40 flight back was cancelled actually and I saw people getting hotels for the night as well as a loaf of bread and a bottled water. I actually took a picture of it but find FT's picture posting capabilities are fully frustrating so you can just imagine what it looked like. I'm not sure if the "meal" was for the 3 hour delay or the cancelled flight. Plenty of folk were going to the Hotel Borispol for the night and I'm not sure if a meal was part of their comp package or not. I did not ask for anything nor was I offered anything for my delay of 2 hours.

The only money I've ever gotten from SU was via a dispute I filed with AMEX for a refund of ticket I had to buy when they lost my paper one and also I got a $300 voucher once for a flight that was totally a dumpster fire from start to finish. I had to really fight for that credit though. Multiple letters, tons of papers, and a few follow up faxes to boot. I would not expect much but you can sure try. You might get a baton of bread and a bottle of water out of it!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: FB Gold
I was on SU0042 from SVO to LED last Thursday and our flight was delayed by three full hours. We initially boarded the aircraft on time but had to deplane after about 40 minutes. Communication from the crew was awful - especially for non-Russian speakers - and we were only once back inside the terminal that the aircraft had a "technical problem" and had to wait for a new aircraft to be brought to the gate.

Now SVO-LED is a one-hour flight and I was only in town for an afternoon full of meetings, which I had to reschedule/ postpone. I am not expecting much but would I be eligible for any kind of gesture from SU there?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:04 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I got compensated 200 dollars last time. The trick is to head to an aeroflot office within 7 days of the incident .
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I got compensated 200 dollars last time. The trick is to head to an aeroflot office within 7 days of the incident .
Would that trump a claim raised on their website?
After 6 weeks still no answer. My flights were changed unannounced which lead to a 14 hour delay. You would think being a member of their FFP this wouldn't happen.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
If your flight started in the EU, contact a lawyer or one of the many portals of specialized law firms.
If not, then I really don't know.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:59 am

Lol)
Welcome to Russia. I don't think so that you can get some money for delay) Have a good day.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:50 am

Unless you are registered with Aeroflot frequent flyer programme don't expected anything. It has good flying service in the air but on the ground and customer service is appalling. The only way to approach is to have register letter to the aeroflot president.

Electronic tickets does not nothing. They will ask copy of the boarding passes, formal letters, etc, etc... The rich people are typically do not care about such things in Russia and the poor are treated like slaves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.